Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    cpu2007
    cpu2007
's Avatar

Iphone 0S4 Jailbreak Development Ideas and Information

Hello everyone,
    I am starting this thread and really hope that people that are into this field can give us some advice about:
    How all these things work?
    What things are required?(such as equipment and softwares)
    What skill are required?
    when we try to find a jailbreak,what kind of information we look for and how we look for it,what we use to look for it etc...

I will try to keep edit this post by adding idead of other people and important information that they will give.

First of all, to develop a jailbreak one of the skills you require is know a programming language, as far as heard Iphone is developed under C++ mostly.
    To find crashes I presume we need a debugger, now I don't know which debugger is required and what kind of debug we do,if is on the iphone or on the firmware and I really would like to know how we load this debug on a debugger.

verg0
    verg0
's Avatar

you need to know allot about low level hardware stuff.. eg:-

0x24000 Segment Overflow - The iPhone Wiki

i dont know if iphone has j-tag or rs232 points but if you can create an interface and talk to the processor, this is where you would start to debug the hardware, kernel, ram dumps and stack routines etc...

VERG0

Ps: it would be nice to have a development thread as a sticky tho...

cpu2007
    cpu2007
's Avatar

Thank you for the link, the forum doesn't allow me to edit my post, if any administrator or moderator can allow me, I will be adding important information and links (such as the one provided by verg0) to the initial post in order to have everything in the first page.

Another thing for the development of a jailbreak is to be able to gain arbitrary code execution which is basically having the ability to execute a command on a remote device(in this case the apple Iphone), this is something I heard muscleNerd is working on alot.
    Furthermore, an arbitrary code execution is usually achieved by finding crashes in the program/system and the equipment used is are debugger softwares.
    If anyone does want to know more about Arbitrary code execution you can check this link Arbitrary Code Execution

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information