Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    korter
    korter
's Avatar

GUIDE: How to flash your F480 Tocco

DOn't flash boot files to these phone. It may brick the phone forever. Just reflash with another firmware in Emergency mode

kms108
    kms108
's Avatar

I had the same problem with the same f/w that came with the phone, after a master reset, no more errors.

kms

Loc111
    Loc111
's Avatar

Anyone tried any of these?

I have a UK O2 contract and its F480ADHD3.

heard that the HK etc Tocco's are f488, so personally would stay away from them.

But there is a F480DVHH1 in the list, which I think indicates Aug 08 FW? Not sure on the DV bit though?

if so that sounds like a late version of the FW.

Anyone brave enough to flash it? notcie a lot braver (and cleverer) peole have flashed on here, I still havent done any flashing yet.

sensesme
    sensesme
's Avatar

Well I do not know if it is what you are looking for because it is not at Admin Setting (secret code):

Setting
    Application Setting
    Browser Profiles
    Select your profile, Options, Edit
    Scroll down and you have a setinng: Home URL

dom_b
    dom_b
's Avatar

I had an ipod touch until I lost it... but there is absolutely no comparison with the Tocoo. The ipod/iphone UI is simply in a different league. I was very dissapointed with the Samsung. Its OK at best. The music player is absolutely awful. Don't get me wrong, I got the phone for free so i'm not that bothered, and it is primarily a phone, but if I had paid for the phone I would have taken it straight back! Plus the browser is pretty terrible. Things are slightly better with Opera on there but again, its no iphone.

I had already flashed to the latest english firmware, so maybe thats why I noticed no difference in the menu speeds? i personaly much prefer the bold font that is not in the HK firmware, but if you dont mind it it's fine.

conway1991
    conway1991
's Avatar

Thanks Stu, I am also on mid, I tried both finding mid to be a tiny bit faster on the UI, it all seems a bit smoother.

What I do seem to notice with the camera is, I will hold down the camera button half way and it focuses well. I will then take the picture and the quality will be absolutely crystal clear. You will see this crystal clear-ness for about a second and you then see the picture almost flash into a lower quality.

Does anyone else see this?

mistahk
    mistahk
's Avatar

hi again,

found two codes in fw that seem to look like old qualcomm phones used to have in order to get into variosu menus,
    codes for both xehf3 and xxhf7 firmwares are the same, but i got no idea what they do [i don't have the phone to try] they are: *#6984125*# and *#9072641* or *#9072641*#, if anyone tries please write what they do

btw, can someone enligthen me ho to edit my posts? can't see the icon or any other way.. and i don't like to write post under post

regards

Loc111
    Loc111
's Avatar

Ok cheers not sure how this work in UK. Altho Samsung in UK we get a 2 year warranty. I presume if I flash it myself I am not voiding the warranty though am I?

On playing a video mine at the moment shows play.rewind, title etc, but when they disappead the video title still stays on screen, its so annoying.

StuPC
    StuPC
's Avatar

Yes, there should be - and was! Where's it gone??

Damsl123
    Damsl123
's Avatar

Hi
    When you say 'bootloader' do you mean the multiloader prog?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information