Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BigBen
    BigBen
's Avatar

My experience using SiemensTool1.3 & M35i

okay so lets continue in english

I just wanted to say the following:
    after I calculated a new SpgY03V, i got as I said 15590.
    But in the next post from JimmyC he wrote he got 9322

well, I'm not interested what the right result is, you know why?
    I wrote 15590 as SpgY03V into the phone and now it's on since 2 days. Before, it always shut itself down after 12hours or so...
    So the battery doesn't seem to be dead (BTW it's an original Siemens battery)

I'll see how long the battery will work and then post it here...

JimmyC
    JimmyC
's Avatar

I wouldn't say 'dangerous' since the phone monitors the battery temperature and stops charging if it gets too hot (NiMH batts). However, it still doesn't sound like things are working quite as they should.

What was the original problem? Are you just trying to get back to an original configuration?

I've only got the original .BLK file from my M35i and the version I'm using with a 1200mAh Li-Ion batt. I am assuming you are using a NiMH battery and have lost the original calibration?

I could probably tell you more if you posted your Spgxxxx values. Which values have you changed, or are you just using someone elses .BLK?

Hope I can help,
    J.

PYCON
    PYCON
's Avatar

Oh tnx man... I've 4 battery for my C35i. Original ( 500 mAh NiMh ), 600 mAh NiMh, 700 mAh Li-Ion and another 850 mAh Li-Ion. I hate my NiMh batteries because ( I talk in special case for my 600 mAh ) the 75% of the time is 4 bars ( about 30 - 36 hours ) and the other 3 bars go away in 4 o 5 hours... So I want to adjust the time of every single bar, equal for everyone. However I've a copy of my original BLK file on my hard disk.

JimmyC
    JimmyC
's Avatar

Hi BigBen,

Glad it's working
    On thing to be careful of is that it will charge quite high with such a big SpgY03V:
    Fully charged should be 4.38v, and with your new calibration data that will be when VBattDSP =:
    VBattDSP = (SpgY04V

JimmyC
    JimmyC
's Avatar

Ahh, sweet

The problem with Sensor Tool is that you can only adjust the slope and offset of a straight line (y = mx + c), and this in turn is only designed to compensate for the linear variations in the sensing electronics.

I'm not sure if Siemens have programmed the set-points for the battery indicator to be linear or have tried to fit them to a typical battery discharge curve (see battery curves at top of page) - what ever the case it's locked up in flash.

With my original 500 mAh NiMH battery, the battery meter was quite good and fairly even. When I changed to a 1200 mAh Li-ion battery with no other mods, it would use the first three bars very quickly and then run for days on one or no bars. Now that I'm forcing it down into the other end of the non-linear range of the scale by using a higher SpgY03V value, It uses the first bar in a day or two, lasts a number of days on 75%, a day or two on 50% then the rest is gone in a day.

Somewhere between these two states would give a better meter reading, but I'm only concerned about battery life - which is now dramatically improved from a few days to 8 days with the new calibration.

The only way to actually adjust to individual bars would be to edit the flash I believe, but I'm only guessing now!!

BigBen
    BigBen
's Avatar

okay thanks for your answer

I think I will just look if the phone shuts off before the status is 0% I will adjust the SpgY03V a little...

BigBen
    BigBen
's Avatar

I just wanted to say that I measured the voltage now after 2 days non-stop on with my voltemter and I got 3,5V.

What do you think how long the phone will work? Until about 2,5V???

mestrini
    mestrini
's Avatar

@ JimmyC

please be rested m8 because my calcs are matching yours now

I was multpliying (SpgDelta)*(VBatt

PYCON
    PYCON
's Avatar

No problem friend... I would try to find different profiles ( BLK ) to adjust my different batteries. Adjust in what sense? Both... battery duration in days & degrading od battery meters...

michael-B
    michael-B
's Avatar

Hey JimmyC, that's a really valuable article and great work!
    I'm really trying to understand how to chance those values to get the wanted effect for ages now, but it's quite hard if you don't speak a single word russian

Maybe you can help me a bit, I tried to draw an graph of this function.
    On the X axis I have 0 to 10000 "data units" If I understood correctly this is the same as VBattDSP and corresponds to the raw data from the ADC.

On the Y axis I have 0V to 5V and I'm a bit unsure if that is correct.
    Should VBattDSP=10000 correspond to 0V or should it mean 3,5V?

Shouldn't 2 XY coordinates be enough for the complete function?
    Why can't I use X=0 and Y=4,2V and X=10000 and Y=0V/3,5V

That's a bit confusing, if SpgY03V is at 3V and SpgY04V is at 4V SpgDelta would be always 1000mV

Sorry for asking so many (maybe quite stupid) questions.
    Maybe someone can enlighten me, any help is appreciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information