Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    oldsaskatoonboy

ExpressVu 9242 HD PVR Discussion thread for Owners Only!

I am getting my 9242 on Saturday a replacement for my 9200, I know the USB port is not operational, but is it powered to be able to power a USB Fan? Thanks in advance for any posts!

Nimiq 1

All the Tech can do is check the obvious things like Signal strengths etc, he will almost certainly just say the 9242 is defective if all else checks out, you will then get yet another receiver shipped out to you as a replcement.

These units do not appear as robust as was first thought, several failing to activate both Tuners, several with failed HD's etc.....

peano

This 9242 is a real step backwards from the 9200. I cannot believe the 9 to 13 second channel changes and the audio dropouts. Off to ebay it goes. I thought the 9200 was bad but this thing is a real POS.

Stan Dev

Yep. In Single mode, the feed to the TV1 outputs is mirrored exactly the same to the TV2 outputs. After all, you might have a 16:9 TV hooked up to one of the TV2 outputs -- it can't tell. (Yeah, it would have been better if they had provided a menu option to allow you to specify the aspect ratio of TV2, like they have for TV1.)

gtpalmer

The first one was; the second was stripped of everything but the receiver itself.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

that sounds like it is dead.

PnnyPnchr

Kodemonkee, I would say the unit is defective. My new 9242 has no problem with HDMI feeding a 2006 Hitachi plasma, and no other problems so far. I use it it "dual" mode and the composite output on TV2 works great, as does the RF ch 60/62 which I feed back to my little TVs in bedroom and kitchen.

And thanks Archangel, Tom, and barter for answering my question re the HDD being always on. They could have a "wake-up" feature prior to a download or timer recording, or some sort of cache memory. I really see no need to keep an HDD running all the time. It's rather wasteful IMHO.

jumpy27

Don't tell me the 9242 is worse than the 9200? I was thinking of upgrading to the 9242 to get rid of my "jump to live" 9200. I guess I'll wait until Bell brings out the next PVR with the bigger hard drive. Why can't they get these things right the first time? Dish had this receiver in the US for a year already so they should have been able to iron out all the bugs.

Milord

I'm getting the same problem with audio drops. I've tried HDMI and Optical and it doesn't make a difference, they both drop! Has anyone called Bell about this?

markl

As a new owner, the problem with the sort of forum splitting IMHO is that people looking to buy want to ask owners what they think and questions on the 9242, by splitting all the foums on this site it is much slower to get any sort of useful reply. Just my 2 cents on the subject as a new 9242 owner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information