Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    macrob

ExpressVu 9242 HD PVR Discussion thread for Owners Only!

I wonder if any people with HDMI video trouble such as long times for HDMI to pick up on video or long channel changes are coiling and tying the HDMI cable into bundles if it's too long for the distance from their receiver to the tv.... If the cable is deformed by coiling and tying too tightly, the performance can be degraded. Note the minimum bend radius in the link is 1"- for a good cable. I've seen a lot of people choke the heck out cables with cable-ties to tidy up the mess of cables instead of planning the layout using correct lengths of cables. So DO NOT coil and tie HDMI cable in a bundle... Instead get a section the right length for your installation so you won't need to coil it. Each tv hdmi input could be affected differently by distorting the HDMI cable on its input. In theory, you could kill the performance of the cable by coiling it.
    (just sayin')

Here is a link to an interesting review on HDMI cable: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/other...benchmark.html

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are tons of threads around here complaining about audio dropouts on HDNET from many BDU's so why blame it on the 9242?

icdoo

My son was watching tv this morning and I was watching the news, and I got kicked off when it started recording another show. How many live shows can you watch when taping. I think only one.

Nimiq 1

I saw one as soon as they came out, channel changes were similar to the 9200, about 1 or 2 seconds, that same receiver now is at least 4 to 5 seconds. I don't think the software has changed but something has. Curious.

I know it should not be but could it depend on the amount of drive sapce available, I know sill yidea but just a crazy thought.

ludvic

What is the difference between "Line Mode" and "RF Mode" The manual is unclear on this. I am using my HT for audio connected via Optical out. Which setting should I be using? I've also got a second tv connected via RG6

Thanks,

Haryi99Si

I think the firmware is v180... not sure i'll have to check tonight but when I look before the installation and activation it was v180.

First thing i really don't like and that's bugging me a lot.. it's the time it take to change from one channel to the other... almost 7 seconds of a black screen.

And the sound doesn't seem to be in synch with the picture, using optical cable.

scrooloose

I don't think anyone has mentioned the new recording options on the 9242. So far, I've found:

• Under Timers, there is new Manual Timer option, allowing you to set the time & date manually as well as Type, Frequency and duration.
    • VuPass now has options to 'Set Resolution', 'Set Frequency'. The first one allows you to choose HD Preference, HD only or SD only.
    • VuPass has a nicer summary screen showing all the settings you've chosen before creating the timer.
    • There are HD logos over everything that's HD, including your timers.
    • I'm not sure if this is new, but if you hit the record button, then Options, you can Stop Recording, Extend End Time, Create Recurring Timer, and record entire event. Does the 9200 have that!?

Those are the only differences I've noticed so far, well, except that the PVR buttons on the remotes are now colored purple, green, grey, yellow and blue

-Mike

gsjacobs

I am renting a 9200, and I'm past the contract expiry. Today I bought the 9242, had FS price beat BB's $499. So I'll need to phone bell and make the swap, I believe they send me a box to return the rental, correct? Anything else I should be expecting from them when I phone? Is it dificult to get them to give me some programming credits or other bonus for committing to their equipment and service? Is there any way to move my recordings from the rental to the new box?

Milord

Well it may or may not be the 9242 but if I rewind and play the same segment I don't get the same dropout so it doesn't appear to be the feed, but the hardware, right?

JB47

Same problem for me with my 9242 and DPP equipment. I love the receiver except for the brutal channel changes which are worse on SD. HD channel change time is almost always within two seconds, SD channel changes are usually over five...

I have had the same problem whether the hard drive is empty or full.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information