Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    hduong

ExpressVu 9242 HD PVR Discussion thread for Owners Only!

Also got some audio drop outs. Although it only has happend a couples time since Saturday.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone having issues with the sound stopping on the 9242? I had it hooked up with HDMI at first and now with component / RCA for audio. In both cases, TV1 will sometimes drop audio until I reset the receiver, and then it's fine. It'll run for hours, and then drop again. Seems to be fine if you're not mucking with the channels or PVR. In a couple of occurances of this, it really started to slow down (pressing a bunch of remote buttons had delayed responses -- ie 10's of seconds).

I'm thinking it's time to call tech support, but there's that pain of going through their diagnostic list for dummies........

Nimiq 1

More likely to be a neighbor with a similar Remote.

Try changing the Remote Address.

Failing that, add the attenuator that ships wth the receiver.

Nimiq 1

Include in that the model of Hard Drive too, as I believe this could be a factor, along with many many more variables.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep! I've lost my sound 3 times in the past day and a half. It's damn annoying! I was told they'd replace my receiver if the problem continues.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Grogan see this thread. Is that what you are experiencing?

motopsycho

I've been an owner for exactly 7 days now and am not impressed at all.

My first issue was that the non-hd channels on the unit were very fuzzy. I thought it might have just been me after watching HD for an hour, so I hooked up my 3100 and did PIP. Sure enough the quality of pic was much better on the 3100.

Second issue was the fact the sound was cutting in an out on a regular basis.

This all was happening between Monday when it was installed and Tuesday. By Tuesday evening the 9242 was no longer finding the satelites and as of Wednesday none of my other receivers can get anything either. I go into reception strength and it comes in at 85% at 2-11-91 but that is it. I have spent about 10 hrs on the phone with the great support that are reading from cue cards. I missed all the football and hockey over the weekend. The earliest they can have someone out is Saturday.

Man does this suck. My dish didn't move anywhere, we are not having bad weather. Maybe a switch issue?

The other thing that I thought was very strange is the amount of sparks coming off the cables when I was disconnecting them at the help desks request, according to them this is normal.

Nimiq 1

That is only normal if there is a problem.....lol

Sounds like the switch or Power Supply is dying, or is dead now. Pull the power just to be safe. Several 9242's are failing for bad grounds.

ve7ggj

I have a few questions about my 9242 which is hooked up to my SHARP AQUOS by HDMI and my Yamaha AV Receiver by optical, and one comment.

1. I have noticed that the sound to the AV Receiver drops out for a split second every few minutes, even with recorded shows. If I replay the program, the dropout appears in a different location. What causes this? I tried changing the digital audio encoding settings on the 9242 but still hear this problem.

2. I've spent some time setting up favourite channels for Tuner2. It would be nice if the 9242 permitted these to be cloned across to Tuner1. Re-entering them is somewhat tedious. Is there a clone feature buried in the menus for this?

3. Are there any reliable rumours as to the future function of the USB and RJ45 connectors on the 9242?

Re copying shows from an older unit, I found that it was just as easy to pick up a surplus DVD Recorder and copy the shows from my old 6200 to DVD. A bonus is that the DVD Recorder has HDMI output, so I can play my old +R DVDs on the new HD TV. My Toshiba HD-A30 does not read DVD+R. The recorder does.

Jones23

I have had problems with the video and audio not syncing up on both 9200 and 9242 on tuner 1 in both units.This started when I moved and had a new install done.After many different calls and every imaginal trouble shooting they have now sent me a replacement receiver for both units.I'm tending to think it is a install problem because my 9200 worked fine at the old house.

Anybody expierience problems like this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information