Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    cyclist44

Bell TV 2010 New Channels discussion

The most updated channel list for Bell TV that I can find is on their online Guide is at this link:

http://tvonline.bell.ca/tvonline/ser...&processid=152

Panache70

Could be barker... but 614 and 598 seem to be really odd places for barker channels.

Anyway, time will tell...

reidw

Since Bell TV has just added AMC, I'm betting that they won't be adding MovieTime.

Legend4Eva

I disagree completely, if the original poster wants more variety in the channels available I definitely think its a good idea because it will force the other channels in particular the canadian channels to improve their programming or get lost in the dust. Also you cant tell me channels such as USA Network, TNT, FX, Showtime, Cinemax the American HBO are not a lot better then the canadian rebrand we get up here. Its seriously not even close

reidw

According to a friend of mine who may or may not know what he's talking about, Bell has been receving a complaints from some subs. that the new channel assignments are not being handled properly on some of the PVRS (I don't know the models, sorry). Until this issue is resolved the closing of the old channels is in limbo. For me anyway the bonus is that the Fireplace Channels (both languages) are still up and running.

MCIBUS

Why not. Movietime is Canadian and AMC is US with a Canadian Feed. So I see Movietime HD being added at some point. Not sure when though.

Roman Centurion

Good comment.

The biggest loss leaders are the promotions for new customers (and there are other promos, too). Any time you get a free preview, that's a loss leader of a sort.

julie_rose_

it is a fact that sex tv will re-brand as Wmovies. i saw the news on a couple website, but didn't post the link. if you make a good search, you'll find it!

jayoldschool

Just noticed that! I was happy to find a new channel while scanning the channels in the menu, so I added it to my favourites. I was disappointed after seeing in the guide that it is french.

To add to my dissapointment, the Aquarium channel is gone! :-(

337_lee

Another vote for MovieTime here. Besides the edits, a lot of the movies are s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d across the screen. I end up watching on the SD channel, just because I hate the wrong aspect.

They could switch them out, as far as I'm concerned, but I imagine there would be a riot if that happened. Hasn't been anything really worrh watching on AMC, IMO, anyway.

I suspect that MovieTime HD will show up about the same time that we westerners get Encore Avenue HD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information