Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leaving ExpressVu or got a Rant then post it here!

I closed this thread because it frankly became a flame war with people being banned.

It seems I asked people to post both good and bad in one thread which I've learned is not the thing to do.

Therefore we now have a ExpressVu is Good thread and a I got an ExpressVu rant thread.

So if've got a problem with ExpressVu, then this is the thread to tell us about it so feel free to post away and rant!

Go ahead and get it out of your system, rest assured we've all been there.

My story..

Warning to All Bell ExpressVu CSR's. - Don't even bother.

Warning to all the posters: No Profanity, No posting of email from Bell CSR's with names and/or phone numbers.

Finally, before you rant on some poor CSR, lets remember that they are people. People who for the most part want to help but often times Bell doesn't tell them things or tells them to say the things they do so please cut them some slack before you post.

EVUCSR

I guess the next time I go buy a car, and they tell me the cost of the basic price is such and such, but includes air conditioning and power steering, I'll yell and scream and say that 5 years ago I got the car for this much, and I don't want a/c or power steering..

Business is progressive... can't please all the people all the time, so you try to please the majority of the people most of the time.

trevinski

Well, considering I wasn't looking for a special deal, I just wanted to buy a 3120 system to get a new dish and it is Bell's policy not to sell these to existing subs plain and simple. The CSR's exact words and this was from more than one CSR. "You'll have to try the buy and sell for a dish because we do not sell dishes unless you are moving and you can only buy a new system if you are a new subscriber." It doesn't get much plainer than that. Bell's customer servive is just terrible and to be treated like that after 6 years of subscribing was the biggest insult.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a search function if you press the # button.

mightymike

I have alot of audio level changes on my 6100, had the same type of thing only a couple of times on the 500 and never ever on the 401.
    mightymike

Vuuser

I dont know if this info would be helpful, but when i had called in to inquire abt the 9200 and the installation charges. i was advised a brand new cx signing a 2 yr contract would be getting the basic installation carried out for free. The basic installation includes the installation of the 20" dual dish, running down 4 cables into the sw-44 switch, plus running 2 feeds from the switch to the 9200. finally connecting ONLY 1 TV to the IRD. anything additional, even like connecting the second TV, would cost an additional $50.

Damnit

Its unfortunate but bell often forgets the price adjustment.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am moving to a new building which I can't have expressvu. So I called today to have the service cancelled on May 4th... Well, apparently you have to give 30 days notice when leaving. So they are soaking me for another month's service! No chance I will EVER return to bell after this. They can take their dish and shove it!

Rob

P.S. Shaw gave me free installation, $200 per receiver and free service (including interent) for 3 months.

Q

LMAO! I have noticed some actually do try to help in vain.

spatzi

I've just about had it with Bell. I've been a customer for over a year. Today, I tried to purchase the 9220 HD pvr from London Drugs in Vancouver, B.C. They were the only store in town that had it in stock.

First of all, I only found out about the new pvr by searching for info on the internet. What a surprise to find out that it's been out for almost two months already. Does Bell bother to let its existing customers' know this, by sending an email? Of course not. I've been waiting for this unit for a year, and have already been tempted by Shaws continous discount offers to switch. But I held back, waiting for the Bell HD pvr. I get spammed all the time with garbage, and the info I need from bell, doesn't get relayed to me. Idiots.

So that's one strike against Bell. They don't even care about letting their customers know about new product, force them to do web searches.

I spent 3 hours reading all the posts about the 9220, called Future shop, The source, and they were all out, and all advertising it at $599.

I read here that the difference between the 9200 and the 9220 was that the 9200 didn't have the sat dish. I don't need the dish since I already have HD, but hey, if they were priced the same, I'd take the 9220 box and sell the extra dish.

Then I find out (from the London drugs clerk) that both have the exact same contents. So, I've tracked down the one 9220 unit left in Vancouver, go through a half hour of prep as the clerk rings in registration numbers, my bell account number, and then I pay for it.

Then it refuses to register me because I'm a customer already, and Bell won't sell the 9220 to existing customers!! I was stunned. It's exactly the same unit. Now, I don't blame this all on London drugs because they get their info from Bell. I blame Bell. I had the unit strapped to my back, ready to go home and hook it up, and I was forced to return it for a refund.

It's this kind of crap that seriously makes me want to switch to Shaw, and that's saying something, because I hate Shaw. I got a number to the Bell rep, and of course, she's out of town until Sept 6. Her voice mail gives me another number to call instead. That number is out of service. Can it get any better?
    I was penalized because I'm an existing customer. I've never experienced anything like this from a company in my life. I've paid, and I'm forced to return the unit. They are saying to me, "We don't want you, because you're already a paying customer. We want someone new. They deserve the 9220 more than you." I just could not friggin' believe it. So the unit now sits in the store and collects dust, as it has been for the last month already.

Unless their 'rep' gives me some serious discounts and/or the next few months of programming free, I am saying bye bye to Bell. Whoever (on this forum) was talking about Bell not caring what unit you bought or where you bought it, and that is does not matter if you're an existing customer or not, IS WRONG. If you try to call in a 9220 as an existing customer, Bell will NOT hook you up.

These people are insane. If the two boxes had different contents, like one was just a receiver, and the other had the sat dish, I could sort of understand why they don't want someone who already has a dish, to get the box with another dish that they won't even use; but since both the 9200 and the 9220 contents are the same, this makes no sense at all. Brilliant job, Bell. Whoever put that one through deserves a raise!

Heads are gonna roll when I'm done with Bell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information