Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    phil1957ca

Leaving ExpressVu or got a Rant then post it here!

Bell sucks plain and simple.before i'd go back to them you'd see me walking around with a dish on my head and coax sticking out my a$$...But i'm not bitter

brightonrock

I don't understand how they can loose money on the receivers. They have no moving parts, just a printed circuit board. Initial design probably costs...but with the 3100 now out for a few years, you have probably $20.00 in electrical parts and plastics. I think that it is just a hook to say why you have to sign for 2 years.

When I first was with bell back in 98 or so, it was $7.99 for basic..now it's more than triple if you add the system acess fee and the multiple receivers......go figure....what other company has tripled what they charge for their product in 6 years..

Oh well....

mac dude

There is a lot of anger going on towards Bell. My advice would be - Don't stay on hold and work yourself up so much, the only one it affects is you.

Bell is not perfect and I'm not here to defend them. Neither is Rogers nor any big business. If you're dissatisfied, go with someone else. But I find that respect to the CSR who's just earning a paycheck tends to get you further than yelling. Sometimes they still mess up and it can and does make you upset, but I find CSR's (people) in general tend to get "standoffish" if you're angry from the start of the call - and will likely do less for you.

Home Phone Service: I'm going to always keep my phone service with Bell because I work with a company that will be assisting Rogers with the home phone service and I have no faith in the company/it's network I earn my paycheck for.

It's time for me to move on and follow my path in film again.

Edit: Changed wording to better reflect my thoughts

wdrwilson

Hello all,

Well since this is the crap on express vu thread I thought I would add my 2 cents.

My wife, Valerie, and I built a new home in a small community outside Halifax, NS. Our previous home is about 800 meters away where I have put up with crappy Eastlink Digital cable and great Eastlink High Speed internet. However apparently Eastlink will not be providing service to this area, go figure.

With our new mortgage Bell Express Vu was included free for 1 year. I had BEV about 6 years ago and aside from the odd billing screw up it was a pretty good service. So while constructing the house I made sure to have two RG6 cables run from the top of our house to the wiring closet in the basement. The location for the satellite was chosen based on best line of site as well as to make the dish as invisible as possible. (all be it a little high)

On July 30th the installer who was supposed to be there between 5-9 pm showed up around 9:30 (in the dark) and said that he would need a longer ladder to install it. He informed me that he had another install in the morning and couldn't do it. I suggested that he be *late* for his appointment as he was late for mine. The next morning I get a call from him asking me to reschedule my install with BEV. So on the phone with BEV again. waiting... waiting...waiting...

Ok, I tell the CSR that we need a long ladder (30 foot was suggested by the installer) so they put that on the work order... rescheduled the appointment

.. one week passes....

Another installer shows up without a long ladder and tells me that he will not install it in my desired location as it's too high for him and that it's not included in basic installation. He proceeds to install the receivers and connect the correct cables in my wiring closet.

Another call to BEV.... waiting waiting waiting waiting.. you get the picture.

The CSR informs me that it will be 200.00 to have it installed. At first I was pissed but eventually agreed to it. So the appointment was scheduled for today between 12 and 5. I get a call from the contractor (DownEast Communications) to confirm my appointment. I confirmed and inquired again to make sure they had a long enough ladder. I was on hold for 10 or more minutes before they informed me that they do not do long-ladder installs and that I was out of luck. I indicated that they need to inform BEV and that some one should call me back. 5 minutes later the phone rings and it's BEV telling me they cannot install my dish. I should get another company to install the dish and they would credit my account the cost of basic installation.

(UGHHHH... I didn't include the many many phone calls I placed to get our account sorted out and the mortgage promotion etc. hours wasted on the phone )

So I called a local satellite dealer "Hobby Satellite" and he said he would come and have a look on Saturday night. He called at 7:30pm and said he couldn't make it but he would come by on Sunday morning. So Sunday morning arrives and around 10 am he shows up. We assess the situation, he indicates he needs his 40 foot ladder and we proceed to get the job done. a few hours later and the dish is installed, more or less where I wanted and without BEV's "cracker-jack install team" having anything to do with it.

So I call on Sunday to get activated, and.... they can't activate me because my account is messed up because of the mortgage promotion (of course). Finally today I call and get my account activated and when I get home I have to call again to get my receivers activated. So maybe I will be able to watch some TV again..

What a bunch of BS.... I have to say, even though the quality will be better on "ALL" channels overall, I wish I was still on cable. What a nightmare... and for my trouble, BEV offered me 3 PPV movies... Woooopppty Ding-Dong..

Cheers,
    Bill

EVUCSR

Well that's pretty bad, you must have stumbled on a pretty new CSR. If You would have asked for a supervisor at that point, which I would have if told that, I think your situation would have been resolved. What happended to you was a lose lose situation, a loss for you and a loss for Bell. Nobody wins in that situation.

dirtyjeffer

*c has little in the way of HD programming, and no provider offers as good of an HDPVR as BEV does.

why don't you just buy the 9200 package, instead of rent it...you will pay $80 for the install, and $300 per year to rent it, and will never own it...you are better off simply buying it for $599 (or less if you can) and be done with it.

but i guess if you did that, you couldn't complain about it.

EVUCSR

That crazy Bell Company... they should just give everything for FREE! I've seen all the old programming packages, and I haven't seen any as low as $7.99, what did that give you? CBC and 1 American network?

With the new programming there are no more system access fees or multiple receiver fees.

Damnit

reneritter you can try Star Choice...

EVUCSR....I f you would like I can PM all the email that went back and forth...I never received a phone call when I disconnected...I even gave them the opportunity to try and keep me....I was on contract until June 23rd...So with 30 days notice (crock of S@#T). I will be paying my last bill in another day or two and that will be that. I agree that its a big merry go round, but I read alot more rants about bell than I do rogers....I guess its when you have a bad experience you don't return....I am paying for another month and a half, but I have already traded my receivers to rogers for real choice promo. Thats how pissed Iw as at bell. I payed 2 months of service and I don't eeven have the recievers to watch it..........OH well I got what I was after I am now watching HD and loving it....I should thank bell because I was going to pay for a pvr and a HD receiver, but rogers gave me 2 HDPVR's for as long as I am a customer....If you would like those emails let me know

PEACE!

Dish Dude

I was willing to give them another chance today, had they shown the least bit of interest in a situation they are responsible for. But as the afternoon goes by with no return calls, the only thing I want is for them to take the damn thing back.

Honestly, I'm just totally disappointed...

Damnit

, my business would never survive if I treated my customers that way.[/QUOTE]

Nor would any one else's...makes u wonder how long they can continue to operate...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information