Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leaving ExpressVu or got a Rant then post it here!

EVUCSR
    Well as a new sub I don't think that they do anything, I recently ordered ExpressVu on the internet and when they came to install it, they showed up with no equipment because they thought it was a service call. So I made another appointment and the second time they showed up with no equipment, this time the installer told me it was because the 5200 was being recalled, so I called EV once again and the person on the phone said they were on back order but I could get two 5900 for the same price ($600) and I replied that there only $125 right now and she could give me two for $250. She said no and after an argument I had her transfer me to the escalation department. The guy on the phone was nice and polite and offered me two months free programming (which I already go when I signed up) for the trouble, so I made a third appointment. They showed up a third time with out the 5200 but with the 3100 and the guy left and came back with a 5200. I had him install it on the side of my house and I later notice he did not secure it to a beam. So only my siding is holding up my dish since I have no plywood under it, just pink Styrofoam. My wife call to complain because when the wind blows the sat loses signal. They told her if she has a signal than there is nothing they can do about it. So I call and he told me this is the third call from us today which it was only the second , so I told them to get some one out here to fix it and the CSR asked me why I did not ask them to put it on a stud. (maybe I should have done the install myself then) Well after 35 min of arguing with me and giving me stupid excuses, he is finally sending some one out to fix it. But now I will have four holes in my siding. On a side not I also ordered sympatico and although they billed me wrong on the first bill they fix it within 5 min. and the lady was very nice but EV makes me want to leave bell altogether.

DEATHMASTER

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same problem, it ended up being my 4 way switch, if you have a switch try bypassing it, the technician spent 3 hours trying to fix the problem before he tryed the switch.

DeathMaster

ken0042

OK, let's try to keep this thread on topic. It is supposed to be used for ExpressVu complaints and/or rants. If you want to make some comparisons between the different providers, let's use one of the threads like the one I mentioned above.

ringmaster_2000

yep you should have bought the 5900. you could always sell the 9200 on ebay

peano

Trade in your receiver for a free Rogers PVR rental if they are in your area.

Q

Don't bother writing to [email protected]

I sent two emails with zero responce.

It took a Bell CSR (not EVU) to convince me from cancelling everything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I could live with the sound if they stoped subing programs and had a longer guide, and fixed the equipment, and customer service.

Q

Some will say.........it is a honest mistake.

I say it is not.

and btw. Goodluck getting credit back!

ken0042

Installation is the time when most problems can come up. However that is no excuse for poor service; in fact, Bell should be trying harder to leave a good first impression.

But, the contract you are under includes installation. If they are not willing to meet their obligation, I see no reason for them to not take back the hardware. If they give you trouble, threaten small claims court.

trevinski

I traded in my 2 ricievers and got a $400 credit towards and HD pvr with shaw. I know their HD offerings are not the best but it seems good enough for me and Shaw's customer service seems to be quite good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information