Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    1tao1

Official 4100 Owners Thread

Thanks for the help Pinza.

I have 3 receivers - 2 - 3200 and 1 - 4100. They are all hooked up through the wall so I can't tell what type of cable is in the wall - the previous owner did it this way - the home has never been hooked up for regular cable tv - should I check the cable from the dish? I have 2 dishes - 1 installed from bell and the other is a dishnet that is aimed at bell - I'm paying for everything - I'm not doing anything illegal - it was just set up initially this way (Eventually I would like to get rid of the dishnet but I don't know how to hook them all up to the 1). As I said, the previous owner of my home was only using dishnet. From the wall to the box I used the cables that came with the receivers.

My tv's are relatively new - plasma, HD CRT.

Thanks again.

rosenqui

Save yourself some grief and get a decent universal remote. TigerDirect.ca has refurbished Logitech Harmony 720 units on sale for $80 - that's a good price on a great remote. I picked up two at that price and despite being "refurbished" they were indistinguishable from new units.

The model 520 and 550 are available for a bit less if you're on a tight budget, but the 720 has a colour screen and rechargeable battery that makes it worth the extra $$ to me.

The Harmony family of remotes have a high WAF (wife acceptance factor) - once you show them the "Help" button on the remote they can use it to get things working pretty well 100% of the time. It requires a Windows PC to get it setup initially, but most of the advanced remotes do.

discoboy1

Just installed mine, I think the box itself looks cheap, all in plastic.
    It works good, the only thing not working is VCR codes over 600, the remote takes them but not the receiver.

Bunkhouse

I find the text in the guide not looking as sharp as the 3100. Text seems to look out of focus on the guide. Anyone else noticing this Maybe i've got a bad unit or maybe i've been spoiled by the 5200 .

My main complaint is that on the box when you buy the unit, it clearly shows a picture of the newer style guide (3200,5200,9200).

I do like the fact that it's not nearly as wide as the 3100.

cyclist44

I was just wondering why bell receivers 4100, 3100 etc don't show the channel number on the front panel like shaw cable receivers do?

scrooloose

I managed to find three 4100's for sale (new customer) for $99 each. This was about three weeks ago and they're VERY hard to find now. I'm not using the DD output though so I can't comment on that.

-Mike

Pinza

It is just the way they are designed and built.

I am not sure if there has EVER been a model with that feature....

HT gearhead

I use my 4100 mostly for camping in the trailer with the 23 inch LCD using composite and analog audio and a single LNB on an old 24 inch Expressvu dish. In the house after camping season is over it gets used behind the bar for music mostly but the 23 inch set gets wall mounted behind the bar as well for the odd hockey game while company is over having a few cold ones in the tiki lounge. In the house the AV hookup is the same as in the trailer except the audio is hooked up to an old stereo receiver. No problems with it so far. My only beef with this unit is you have to unlock the receiver to gain access to all the channels in the locked menu unlike the 9200 which lets you see all the channels in the locked menu without unlocking the receiver. I agree the guide is butt ugly too.

scrooloose

Other than the audio cutting out occasionally, I've had no problems with the three I own. I would recommend it over the older models.

-Mike

The_Grudge

I'm running my 4100 on a little 13" bedroom TV so I may not be in the best position to judge.

Personally, I think the white guide looks aweful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information