Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Pinza

Bell TV: Moving to another home questions

The paperwork completed by the Installer NEVER goes to Bell, unless there is some kind of dispute, then a copy is faxed from the Installation Co to Bell.

Bell just seem to charge customers with "Move" orders based upon the number of receivers on the account.

When caling in to activate the receivers it is important to stress that ONLY 1 receiver has been hooked up. (If that is indeed the case).

Headend

At $150.00 I would certainly take it with me. Wow! you must have been sold a gold plated version for that price!

Nimiq 1

Call Express Vu, for the free Move Promo.

They should provide you the Dish the LNBF's and the SW44, if they try to charge you for the SW44, just hand over yours.......

The 9200 will be installed free, including a backfeed to another TV in the house.
    They will most likely mount the SW44 at the rear of the Dish, then you just need to run a line from here to your other receiver.

Having Express Vu install both receivers will cost you $50 but you will get a 90 day warranty.

If, as I suspect, you will have lots of other important things to do, let Express Vu do it, it will save you quite a bit of time and effort.

And lets face it, for $50, you can just watch them......lol

cablecanada07

i had to activate 1 receiver. the rest just to plug it. in total i have three. 1/2700, 1/4100 and 1/5900. but the thing is when i plug my 5900, i lost everything that i have recorded. so for those who wants to move in the future and have a pvr, make sure that you transfer everything or watch it before unpluged it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely. I'll make the call

thanks for the help!
    b.

ltldevl

I'm wondering what the cost is for moving from a house which has ExpressVu (it was a new house and Bell installed it for me) to another new house which Bell would install the system again. I know I bring my receivers with me, but what about the dish? Is there an installation charge by Bell if the cabling is done by the builder? What about the multi switches?

dosborne

Go to the bell web site, click "Are you moving" follow the prompts. They will tell you exactly what is and what is not covered.

In the past, they covered the cost of the first receiver/dish. Additional receivers cost extra ($50?). Take the switch with you just in case.

http://www.bellmove.ca/en/on/pages/belltips

ltldevl

I know where to find it on Bell's site. I was interested in actually hearing from someone who has gone through the move to see if there are any hidden costs which are not spoken about. There usually is.

Nimiq 1

Wow, a 2700 on Rental, that is a new one to me, as a single receiver Rental anyway, do not recall these ever being rented, with the exception of MDU's (Apartments).

Anyway, as a Move Promotion you would get that receiver hooked up for free at the new place, along with a new Dish. If you require any more lines at that time, you will be paying $50 each for them plus $75 for the Multiswitch (this switch is for SD reception ONLY).

Hooking up a Multiswitch is easy, although if you only have the one free receiver installed as the Move Order allows, you will need to reach the Dish after-wards to run a second line to the Switch.

I would recommend talking with the landlord as I would have all new cable if you decide to add more receivers, one line to each if you are going with SD receivers.

Angelfish

I called today and the Bell tech said just about all that. I have arranged for the install to happen on Feb 8. It is a Sunday and we'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information