Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Newwestdj

Bell TV: Moving to another home questions

Thanks. I should be clearer in my posts.

I took over the 2700 from someone who owned it. They lived in the basement of the house we are currently renting. I really don't like the 2700, but it works (thus, the consideration for an outright purchase of a new SD).

Given it's a new house (and I don't own it), I might just have one receiver in the basement for now and upgrade later.

Thanks.

Angelfish

Hello all, I will be moving in the next few weeks and I will be calling BTV to arrange for them to install a new dish at my new residence. I have been a Bell customer for over 8 years. Is thier something I should know before I arrange for the move from BTV. I have 2 dished at my current house. (I know Bell will only install 1) My dish has 2 sw21's. I suppose the installer will charge me for 1 or the 2 runs of cable that I will need from my dish. Anything else I should ask. Am I close in what I need to do?

oorwully

It's most likely going to be the basic "move" install because I've only got the one receiver at the moment. I'm also aware that I will need two lines running to the future HD spot, this website is very detailed in information to that regard.

They only pay for the upgrade when renting? I'm the type that would rather purchase the equipment than buy, or is this not recommended on the HD receivers?

tydirec

i would highly suggest that you take that switch with you. when i called bell to schedul my move they insisted that i leave everything, i asked about the switch and they said to leave it. when i called back to confirm everyting a week later they again said leave the switch, well when i moved and the installer showed up guess what...?... no sw44, called bell and they then said i had to take it with me. i was pissed. long story short it took weeks of fighting with higher level ppl @ expressvu before they finally admitted their mistake and said they would send a new sw44 and lnbf, what showed up at my house tho was the lnbf and 2 sw21's, how are my 3 receivers supose to work with that, anyways, i would not trust that loosely managed company when it comes to their installs and what they say to leave behind, because appearently you own the sw44 and you have to take it with you. i'm not bashing expressvu, i really love my bell service and have for the past 4 years. take the switch, take the power inserter, take the lnbf

matthallo

Hello, I currently live with my parents, and we have bell expressvu with 4 receivers. I moving out of town into my own house next year for university, and I am wondering if it will be possible to bring my existing receiver, and hook it up to a new expressvu dish, to get satellite tv on our existing subscription?

haystack

Take your switches with you and dish(s),wire if you need it on the new install. You own it all unless you rent receivers.

TJ77

I think loosely managed should be ExpressVu's slogan.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the existing Shaw wiring is RG6 why can't you use it? The only thing stopping you is if you have Shaw services that require the use of the cabling.

Pinza

There is no need to take any of it with you, Bell will install a new Dish and SW21's for you at the new location. You will also get 1 receiver hooked up for free, any extra ones are $50 per line.

If you want to take the second Dish that is up to you but if you do not need it, leave it behind.

Pinza

No, if the customer has 1 HD receiver and 3 SD's they should be getting the SW44 as standard, that is what they would get as a new customer, so there should be no change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information