Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    jayoldschool

Bell TV Pricing, themes and programming package discussion

Well, since no one had an idea for me (see above), I started a chat, and here are the highlights that will help others:

ason : I need some info about theme packs
    Taylan: Ok I can help you with this.
    jason : Here is what I currently have:
    jason : Pick 6 themes - more movies - Sports 1 - News/Learning 1 - Variety 1 - Lifestyle 1 - Variety 2 Digital Standard TSN/RSN HD HD Value pack
    jason : I would like to drop one of my themes to add the More HD Variety
    jason : will this keep my bill the same?
    Taylan: Yes it will remain the same.
    jason : Does that still keep me on the old $10 HD Value pack?
    Taylan: Thank you, you have the old Hd package, you could switch to the new one for the same price.
    jason : I don't want to switch to the new package, I want to keep all my old channels for $10, and I want to replace one of my themes with the More HD Variety
    Taylan: If you keep the old one you can't get more Hd variety which is on the new one, sorry.
    jason : More HD Variety isn't a separate theme?
    Taylan: No it's part of the new Hd themes.
    jason : So, "you could switch to the new one for the same price
    jason : What exactly does that mean? What would I get?
    Taylan: You would get the new Hd themes including National geo and Tlc Hd
    jason : And ALL the HD channels I currently have?
    Taylan: Yes however if you drop themes, the corresponding HD channels won't be available.
    jason : Well, I already pay for Showcase and TLC, and Bell took those HD channels away
    jason : which I am not very happy about
    Taylan: Ok
    jason : So is there a name for the "new" HD package that will replace my HD Value pack
    Taylan: There isn't a specific name no.
    jason : So, to confirm:
    jason : I move to the unamned "new" HD package, and I get ALL the same HD channels I currently have, I add Showcase HD, National Geo HD, TLC HD, and I pay the same amount
    jason : is that correct?
    Taylan: Yes because it's been upgraded since then.
    Taylan: For the same price.

So, I made the change, and all is working. I have (of course) saved my log. I'll let you know if I get screwed on the bill...

tigger06

Lucky you - have a look at these charges AFTER I reduced the amount of programming I was getting:
    Digital standard: $32.00
    US timeshifting: $1.00
    DSF: $3.00
    5 HD theme packs: $15.00
    Pick 6 themes + movies west + SC: $58.00

Total monthly rate is: $109.00 plus tax. plus centre ice
    Re the 5HD themes, I was bamboozled into thinking I was getting something new when I called with a problem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try telling Bell it's that simple....

reidw

OK. After a second look at the brochure I've found that what I took to be an apostrophe is actually a mini "9" for Footnote 9. It seems that you still must take TSN SD to get TSN HD or I assume any of the other channels in Sports 1 HD. However there's no similar footnote for the HD packs containing A&E HD, Discovery HD, TLC HD, NG HD or Showcase HD. Hope this has helped you.

Zero G

It may be 5 bucks difference now, but you know Bell has a way of changing packages too often. I've been with them a long time and I'm really getting sick of having to fork over more money all the time. What makes anyone think that there won't be more than 5 themes? Once that happens, the price goes up again. I don't feel like changing packages at the moment, only to find out that in 6 months they'll want another 5 bucks for more themes.

markl

That is why I'm scared to call, they might screw it up more than it already is.

haystack

Yes right now the jon and kate & 8 marathon is on all day for the 27th time.

Roman Centurion

You can change your programming at any time within the contract. If you get another rental, it will be a year contract for that receiver, meaning if you send it back within the year, you'll be charged $50. That's it - no contract extension for your actual service, just the receiver.

All rentals are $75 mandatory install. Nimiq 2 Upgrade is free if you order programming that requires it.

Bundles don't affect your contract. You don't have to commit to anything to go on a bundle. But you do need to qualify for the discount. An extra 4100 won't make you qualify. You need a PVR or HD PVR.

dhmesa

If I ever saw a bass ackwards policy from Bell and whomever owns TSN, its got to be this one. Why in the world would anyone want to watch TSN SD if they have a HDTV and have TSN HD. Its just a scam to extract more money from us.

It would cost me $13 (HD theme and SD theme) just to get TSN HD which is the only sports channel I want. They ain't getting my money until they get it together and sort themselves out.

METEO

I too was wondering about the missing channels and the new HD packages. I tried to change my channels online and thought I had it but once I submitted my changes, I lost all but the basic HD channels. No HD Sports, no HDNET or OASIS, no DiscoveryHD, just the basic networks and The Score. I waited about an hour...still no change. I tried to synchronize my programming on the BellTv website and waited an hour...still no change. I tried to synchronize again...only allowed once every 30 days! As a last resort, I call Bell (go figure) and guess what...they promptly changed my programming to include the $15 HD package and included timeshifting free of charge! In the end, I am getting one less SD package but all HD without the movie channels for $1 less than before. Should have done this earlier!

BB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information