Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    prettysteve

Bell TV Pricing, themes and programming package discussion

Have you called to complain or threatened to quit? I was in the same boat but after a 10 minute conversation with a Bell rep, I got the additional theme package, and am paying 30% less than I was.

Glenn1963

Thanks for the info reidw, sorry for the repeat, I did search, just not very well

I've been an HD sub since they started charging for HD. I don't remember when that was, I had HD in the early days when they had just 1 or 2 HD channels that weren't even dedicated to a specific network.

The way it worked at the start when they began charging for HD, and as far as I can tell had continued to work is that for $10 I got all the HD channels for which I had an SD sub.

As new channels got added that continued, and when straight HD channels like 'Rush' and 'HDNet' came along, those got added also.

As was pointed out, that changed today as I have lost Showcase HD even though I am already paying for Showcase SD, which is insanity.

I can't even choose to subscribe online, the system won't let me select both 'HD Channels' and 'More HD Variety'.

Looking at the Bell.ca packages, I get all of the HD channels but 3:
    National Geographic, to which I don't subscribe in SD
    Showcase, which I do
    Raptors, which is out of my region

BGW

Yup, my HD Showcase and Discovery are gone too. I also subscribe to these chanels in SD and am just a little pi$$ed that they are not included in the HD pack. I have been subscribed to the HD package ($10.00) since it's inception so I guess a call is in order. On another note, the subj channels do not even show up in red when I choose "all channels". They are just not there.

I would much rather that they put the "specialty HD chanels" like OASIS, TREASURE, etc into an additional subscription package and include any HD programming that is coincedintal with your subscribed SD package in your $10.00 grandfathered pack.

slowtyper

Ok, I understand now. I thought I would not have to change anything.

I called in and they put a note that I still qualify for the free 6 months and to call back to change programming after I decide what I want. I'm thinking of just stickign with what I have since if I change, I will lose the HBO HD channels which I'm currently getting.

Are these in free preview mode only or can I expect to keep these for a long time? If that disappears I would switch to a very basic HD package

trueimage

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to get a package with only HD channels or almost only HD channels... that is all I really care about.

I don't care about the movie network or NBA TV or Equator etc.

Here is a list of what I really want, from lyngsat.

800 CTV HD East
    801 Global TV Ontario HD
    802 CBC HD East
    803 City TV Toronto HD
    804 CBC HD West
    806 CTV HD West
    807 Global TV BC
    813 A&E
    815 WHDH-TV (NBC - Boston)
    816 WCVB-TV (ABC - Boston)
    817 WBZ-TV (CBS - Boston)
    818 WFXT-TV (FOX - Boston)
    819 WGBH-TV (PBS - Boston)
    820 KING-TV (NBC - Seattle)
    821 KOMO-TV (ABC - Seattle)
    822 KIRO-TV (CBS - Seattle)
    823 KCPQ-TV (FOX - Seattle)
    824 KCTS-TV (PBS - Seattle)
    825 WGN-TV (CW - Chicago)
    826 TLC
    828 National Geographic Channel
    836 HBOEast
    837 HBOWest
    838 Showcase HD
    845 The Score
    846 Rogers Sportsnet HD 3
    848 TSN 2
    850 TSN HD
    851 Rogers Sportsnet HD 1
    852 Rogers Sportsnet HD 2
    853 Discovery Channel HD

Maybe not even HBO if you need the movie package to get it.

What is the cheapest way to get these channels?

Tom.F.1

I just Bundled my Services. Save 5 bucks each on cell, home phone and Satellite. Transfered my numbers from Rogers.
    I talked to them about reducing my Satellitte bill. They gave me all sorts of option on dramatically reduced services.
    OR, They want me to Increase Services and pay MORE, to get a better deal.

jayoldschool

Actually, I brought up Direct TV. YOU brought up Bell. Since you obviously are just quoting what you have read about Bell reception in Florida, here is a litte info: there is a 3700 that functions perfectly at my mother's winter place in Ft. Lauderdale. All it takes is careful aiming.

Please, let's let this end here. This thread is about Bell HD themes and pricing. I have done my best to contribute to that discussion, and I made a joke about Direct TV.

jayoldschool

Yes, I noticed today that I am now getting the SD time shift channels as well. Can't wait for my bill... lol

cslusarc

Mosse57, you must keep your programming for a full billing cycle. If you add your programming in the middle of the billing cycle you can remove it as of the "Bill-From" date at the beginning of the second billing cycle.

Sgt_Strider

Unfortunately I never got around to making a transition. Can someone tell me if it still cost at least $58/month to get the HD basics with Bell? What's the cheapest package to get most of the important HD channels? $58/month is still rather pricey.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information