Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    taxtwit

Programming BellTV Remotes

I have a different Sony Amp/Rec and was also not able to program a code that would turn it off or on. IIRC, I searched a bit and recall reading a post about how Sony purposely sets remote codes for their own equipment so that you have to use Sony remotes. I eventually just got a Harmony remote which works fine for everything. One thing you might try is getting your old SD PVR remote to work with your new BEV receiver.

Panache70

Pinza, I tried programming the AUX of the 5.4 (which came with the 6131) to control the 9242 but it would not work.

However, when I programmed the AUX on the 5.3 (which came with the 9242) to control the 6131: it worked.

Given the 5.3 remote is two years old and very scratched up, I was hoping I could use the brand new 5.4 to control both but it seems like it can't control the 9242.

Should the 5.4 remote control both the 9242 and 6131 like the 5.3 does? Can't seem to get it to work.

The 211k is the Dishnet equivalent to the 6131.

Thanks

Doug56_53

My 1707a -dknamtx01 remote (the one that came with my PVR box) started to get it's response a bit slow and now the blue keys only respond if pressed twice.
    Any advice?
    Bu the way: I've tried refreshing the conection but it did not help - the remote is listed on #1.

Doug

jft436

I want to program remote control 2 to replace 1 which is looking a bit beaten up.

Will the system you describe work for that entering a number beteween 1 and 16 confuses me a litlle.

I am apprehensive about doing anythying because the 9200 is working properly except I am experiencing HDMI problems which I have posted.

thanks

taxtwit

If your 9200 is in "dual mode", I think remote 2 will only control TV2. If you are OK with putting your 9200 in "single mode", replacing remote 1 with remote 2 should work fine. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to change the remote 2 address, either.

Snakebyte1

HI!

I'm trying to configure an ExpressVu 3100 receiver to use a Toshiba SD-V395KC DVD/VCR Combo.

In the 3100 setup, under the VCR Config screen it asks for a 3 digit manufacturer's code. The code 616 works when setting up the remote control, but when I enter that code on the VCR Configuration screen, the 3100 will not start the VCR recording when Test is selected.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has managed to get this Toshiba model to work with a 3100, and if so, what code did you use?

Thanks

Exvu.Tech.Mtl

Need to program remote for your TV ?
    These usually work
    1- press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
    2- enter code from the table in the manual
    3- press #

Remote will flash 3 times ....done

Popular codes
    Sony 500
    Sanyo 683
    Samsung 516
    Jvc 557
    Citizen 720
    Daewoo 719
    Hitachi 585

Perform a device scan to test all codes:
    All other tv's ( while tv is on )
    1-Press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
    2-Press (tap) the scroll up button continously til tv shuts off and press one more time
    3-Press (tap) the scroll down button one or twice slowly to get tv to go back on.
    4- press the # button and remote will flash 3 times... done

Vcr is the same method.

dosborne

If the code works for the remote, but does not control the VCR, then the most likely issue is that the VCR cannot "see" the commands sent from the 3100.

Since most people stack their equipment, it can be difficult to find a position whereby the output of the IR commands from the receiver can line up with the unit which you are trying to control.

As a test, try placing the receiver and VCR facing each other.

boogerboots

Just a quick question relating to my antiquated 3100 Bell receiver remote. I'm trying to program it to work with my Panasonic mini pro logic system (Model SA-AK58) and I tried the "auto-scan" method with no luck. But one of my 3100's is slightly older than the other one and I noticed that the two remotes have different part numbers on the back. One has PN#103781 and the other has 1.5 IR Remote PN#119420. I'm guessing that the 1.5 IR Remote is a newer model, so could this one pick up a bigger selection of devices? Or would I be just wasting my time?

Thanks

Pinza

If it was only for cosmetic reasons, just swap the plastic cases.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information