Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    radiologist46

Procedures for Buying and Selling of BTV Receivers

Second of all if I were you I would check myself...Bell is looking at that site and you mentionned that you work for Reztel...the kind of buisness you are doing could make your vendor loose their contract. I think I had you on the phone last summer (or some installor that had the same Star Choice mentality you do) and we got into an argument. I advised my superiors that the installer was trying to convince the client right ther, when I was on line to get Star Choice. They were supposed to submit an installer complain

The point is that they do not care because the only way to get Bell service is pay the cash and have the customer get the get a credit from, Bell. That is sad customer service. Agent why do you defend the undefendable? Boggles the mind.
    Re StarChoice and receiver number you are not comprehending what the installer is saying. I sold 3 StarChoice receivers and as long as my account was closed and in good standing the new owner of the receivers were able to activate the receivers I sold them and verify with StarChoice prior to purchasing that they would indeed have no problems activating..... Now that is good customer service!!!! The merry dance and bull$hit that BEV does to its customers is disgraceful.

dosborne

If the location ID that you/they are referring to is the same one that is available on the TV screen in the System Information menu option, then I must say you have been misinformed. An internet search will turn up numerous programs that only require the receiver ID and the time in order to calculate the Location ID.

barter

Yes you can also tell them in advance that you are going to sell it, and to allow whoever calls in to activate it on their account. They will then enter this into their database. The point being the owner has to call Expressvu and let them know that it's been sold first before a buyer can activate the receiver on their account.
    Expressvu will not activate receiver's listed under someone else's name.

My doing this you are transfering ownership to the buyer. Expressvu will just make a note in their database that the reciver is sold, thus the buyer can activate it on their account.

All the same it is in the seller's best interest to inform Expressvu who the receiver is being sold to, as this info will stay in Expressvu's database.

I_Want_My_HDTV

OK, I'll bite. You've been using the receiver for 5 years without activating it? Maybe Bell should be calling their lawyer.

kraddy

He tried this, and they still wont allow it.

It makes no sense, but fewer and fewer things do in this world.

barter

You can tell the CSR to let "whoever call's in" or"let anybody" activate it after you sell it.

barter

I'm not a agent, but I bought and sold a few second hand receivers.
    You should be able to call it with the ID and find out if you can sub on it. The current owner also needs to call in and transfer ownership to you.

There is now the issue of the new smart cards again as well, because if they were already issued to the owner and he did not activate them in the receiver you will have to buy a new one.

So if your talking to the CSR you should ask if the new Smart Card (nagra 3) has been issued for the unit, and if it has make sure it is included when you buy it. During the last card swap alot of people kept the new issued cards (to sell or hack) and sold the receiver with the old card, so the buyer would have to pay 69 bucks for a card to use the receiver.

PS To confused things some more some 9200 are cardless (although they will require a new card for the current swap), and some later models I believe have cards (?refurbished models) which still will need to be swapped soon.

visiter555

I said 6000...now I know why you are unaware of many things at EVu...

The 6000 did not start selling at $299 either...

wyldk9

You can DEACTIVATE ANY OR ALL recivers on your account! Who gives a rats behind if the receivers are technically still under your name as owning them??? When you upgrade a receiver on a full 6 receiver account, they just deactivate the one you want and activate the new one.
    And really all you need when u sell one of your receivers/or buy one from someone is ALL of their information. Name, address, receiver #, etc. I have bought receivers before, and that is all i required to activate them.

Ex Agent EV

I know you said 6000, i'm not dumb, altought are you "**** the BEV agents" liek to insult us all the time. Personnaly not aware of the 6000 cost since they were not sold anymore when I entered BEV. They are older model than the 6100 so I doubt that you could get that 300$, if you could, go for it! Just call us to let us know so that the client could activate it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information