Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    taxtwit

Procedures for Buying and Selling of BTV Receivers

Bought a "used" 9242 (actually brand new & still in sealed box) privately a few months ago and it has "issues". In particular, it sporadically powers off and on again on a fairly regular basis. Also emits loud audio static "cracks" from time to time (often just before it powers off and on) and experiences the occasional audio drop.

Unit was purchased by the original owner in Oct/08 (he stuffed his original receipt in the box) and purchased by me in Dec/08 and authorized on Bell shortly thereafter. Does the unit still have warranty, even though I'm not the original owner? Assuming it does, anyone know how Bell is handling replacement of no-longer-current receivers - if they'll only replace it with a 9241, I'll live with the issue (when it powers off, it still records so I just hit the rewind button and pick up where the show left off).

radiologist46

You two express vu boys aren`t making many friends here.

barter

NO! Bell will not activate dish branded receivers.

Q

if the CSR's , techs, direct sales and dealers can't communicate properly what hope does the customer have?

taxtwit

Doubt it - would have to contact BEV to get it authorized on their account and that's when it would likely become known whether you or BEV owned it. If you do want to sell it, you really can't avoid contacting BEV again to ensure the receiver is no longer associated with an account so a purchaser won't have any problems getting it authorized on their BEV account. I know when I've bought used receivers I actually call BEV in the middle of the transaction to ensure there won't be any issues with getting it set up on my account.

peano

Also, if you currently have three receivers active and sold three others in the past and the buyers never activated them, you still have six receivers on your account according to Bell and cannot add any more.

Ex Agent EV

If your account is still active, the receiver might still beactive too...if the person who bought it just plug it in he would get YOUR programming. Also if he orders PPV they will get billed under YOUR account

If your account is deactivated you still have to call ExpressVu to advise them that you gave away the receiver or sold them, oterwise the client won't be able to activate it. At the time they will also let you know if it was a rntal unit that needed to be returned. If that was the case, you would have received an invoice, a few weeks after the account was closed, charging you 84$ for non return of equipement

gmd

What are the current promotions for someone wanting to add HD? (any for someone who needs a dish upgrade)

-gmd

Bunkhouse

If that is the case, tell BEV the receiver stopped working and you threw it in the garbage and whoever listed it as sold on the account must have been mistaken.

barter

Yes there is a promotion for HD upgrade, just go on bell's website and click on offers for currrent subscribers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information