Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "

BlueX

"&#-6164;a carte" packages

I agree there is still a basic pack. But what I meant is that this is a big change for Bell, because you can now choose 30 specialized channels among all the channels available. Before, you could only "pick & pay" certain channels (not any channel) for $2,50 each, in addition to theme packs.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like I was saying in my first post, you can find Speed TV available "a la carte" on the Bell Web site... However it is not available as " a la carte" on the brochure....

Ronn88

Sex TV will no longer be available in Canada,it will be replace by the The Sundance channel on channel 613

Drive In Classics will become W Movies

March 1st is the date for the change.

dynot

I'm ready to make the switch from Videotron and won't bother going through the reasons why. I've started doing my research and read through all the posts in this thread. I have only one question:

The channel lineup on their website PDF shows Free HD Channels under basic. Does this mean I wll get these no matter what package I select? I plan on taking the a-la-carte offering and if I get the US networks HD channels for free that means I do not have to take these in a-la-carte, is that correct? Are those US neteworks in a-la-carte time shifted channels because if that's all they are I don't need that.

tia...

Panache70

Looks like Bell TV has removed WSBK from the Favourites package on the Self Serve page.

Now the Self Serve matches the Shop TV page and the programming brochure regarding Favourites.

It is too bad. I thought Bell TV were going to make WSBK available in the favourites (it was listed under Favourites on the Self Serve page for a couple of weeks), but now it looks like you are stuck buying Best of The Best or Top Bilingual Plus if you want this channel.

Some people had complained that even though WSBK was available under Self Serve that they were unable to get it to light up on their TV.

Add WSBK to the list of channels that are not available A LA CARTE:

Speed, Game Show, NFL-N.

Another update: They have included W Movies and Sundance into A LA CARTE on the Self Serve Page, which confirms that the old Drive-In and SexTV channels (now W Movies and Sundance) continue to be made available A LA CARTE.

They still have not corrected the discrepency where BASIC on Self Serve shows that CMT and W are included in Basic, which is not what the brochure or Shop TV page says.

Panache70

Tia,

US network HD channels come with the Basic for free.

You will not have time shifting however.

You can add time shifting for a fee (1$ I think).

If you choose 4 or more HD theme packs (10$ +), Bell throws in the time shifting for free.

You are correct in saying that you do not have to choose the US netowrks under A LA CARTE. However, if you require the Standard (Non HD) versions of the US networks, you WILL HAVE TO choose these channels under A LA CARTE.

Only HD nets are free, not SD.

Panache70

I noticed that the new platform details are now activated through the self-serve option on bell.ca.

Looks like Quebec residents can now make their programming changes online using the new platform, which is great.

I went through the BEST OF THE BEST package and compared it to what is avaliable on A LA CARTE.

Assuming you choose THE FAVOURITES with your A LA CARTE choices, it looks as though there are 4 channels that are not available A LA CARTE:

WSBK & HD
    SPEED
    NFL NETWORK
    GSN

If one of these 4 channels is a deal breaker for you, it looks like you would have to stay on the THEME PACK platform or take the BEST OF THE BEST package. WSBK & HD is available on the TOP BILINGUAL EXTRA package as well as the BEST OF THE BEST package.

Now, I am assuming that the information that is available through Self Serve is the same information that is being used by Bell's programming systems but it would be great if anyone could post any different information they are getting from Bell on this.

Also, I noticed a few other weird things in the SELF SERVE page that I am hoping someone could confirm for me:

1- W NETWORK and CMT are listed as being in the BASIC but are available on A LA CARTE. Assuming you need BASIC to access A LA CARTE programming, you would be wasting 2 picks if you chose W and CMT through A LA CARTE. The programming brochure does not show W or CMT in the BASIC. Which is right?

2- SCORE HD is listed as a FREE HD channel through SELF SERVE and does not appear in any of the HD theme packs, however THE SCORE & HD appears as an A LA CARTE selection. Assuming you only have HD TVs in the house, would this mean that the SCORE HD is part of the BASIC, or do you absolutely need to chose the SD version? The programming brochure does not show THE SCORE HD as a free channel, it is A LA CARTE only with the SD version. Which is right?

3- I noticed that RAPTORS HD has a pick and pay option through the SELF SERVE page. It can be individually selected (even when the SD version is not selected) and it seems to be FREE OF CHARGE. When I select TSN HD as a pick & pay, the SELF SERVE tool charges $2.50, but not for RAPTORS HD. It lists $0.00. The brochure lists RAPTORS HD as being part of the SPORTS HD theme pack, but this is not the case through SELF SERVE. Which is right?

4- It looks like you can't choose more than 30 A LA CARTE CHANNELS and 10 extra A LA CARTE CHANNELS at 2$ each. Once the A LA CARTE total gets to 42$ (22$ + 20$), it dissapears. Funny that it does this before you hit 60$, which is the BEST OF THE BEST package price... Is this a system error or does Bell want to limit everyone to 40 channels (excluding Favourites)?

I appreciate that only Quebec residents have access to the new platform's SELF-SERVE, but if anyone has any comments, updates or questions please let me know.

hsantos

"

Im now also an "

Vicky71

"

I spoke to a Bell CSR last night. Here's the deal:

bartlett

Must be a QC only thing...My guess to match what vidoetron doelds with " a la carte"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information