Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "

swansongtoo

"&#-6164;a carte" packages

Moved to the new A La Carte last night and am quite pleased.

Previously had Digital Standard + Time Shifting U.S. and Sports Pack 1 for $46.

Took the new Digital Standard + 15 channels for $15 and save 3 bucks with channels I prefer (they also threw in TMN + superstations and SE for a month).

Videotron's pick n pay is still better since all their channels are on offer for pick n pay but overall Bell's attempt is an improvement over the previous offering.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"

As I mentioned above, there is only one channel you need to select in SD version with the HD Themes and it is TSN and I am sure of it. Regarding NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS, they are in ''

johnystingray

Just spent over an hour on the phone with the Bell rep. Almost made the switch the CSR put 29 of 30 channels but when he tried to enter Speedvision he couldn't find it anywhere! He did everything in his power to get the issue resolved to no avail; said he would have call back once the issue was resolved.
    I was able to see it in 2 different places once loged in to my Bell account - TV - Shopping - Channel Line up and also in packages HD + 30 A La Carte. Just went back to the site and I can no longer see it in Packages, in fact the packages page is blank!!! Coincidence maybe - I can still see it in Channel line up though. I will post the bottom line once I know what's what - I was told that Basic=$25.00+30 "30 A La Carte" channels=$22.00+TMN= $11.00+HD pack $10.00 + 3 network fee for a total of $71.00. A good deal for my needs but no Speedvision is a deal breaker for me.

dynot

Thanks Panache. That answers my question. I will not be needing any SD channels since both my sets are HD. That means I'll be able to choose less a-l-c channels and put that money towards another movie package.

Stereomike

I did make the switch and I think TSN and NBA TV are the only ones that you need in SD. That means the free HD channels are really free? I mean, I read on the brochure that you need to have the SD version to get them for "free", some are bundled together like RDS-RDS HD and The Score-The Score HD, but I'd never thought that I could have the 4 American major networks in HD for free. I did take them in SD because I had to take 15 channels, but I have PBS HD, which I don't have in SD.

julie_rose_

i guess for me i need to call bell tv because i can't change my service to the new platform. i tried but it still the old packages. Maybe because i am a old customers.

hsantos

I wish we could take ONLY HBO Canada. Or that Bell would split those Movie Channels. I would mind to pay 2.50 just for HBO!

SARPEDON

TO PANACHE: I do not have a HD TV but I can still see the HD American networks (ABC, NBC. CBS. PBS) on their HD grid on my regular TV

Does this mean I can rid myself of the SD 4 channels from "a la carte" and choose others since i will still be able to see the 4 networks on the HD grid ?? I just joined BELL last week and did not notice that the US networks are free.

johnystingray

Well finaly got to the bottom line - the brochure is the law; the web site info is wrong. They resolved my issue by giving the best of the best at a discount - was the only way I could get Speedvision!
    Now I have more channels than I could ever watch and save a bit too (20%off for a year)
    Still wantto see Speedvision included in the A La Carte and also in HD

Stereomike

There's something I want to know. Panache, you seem well informed, could I just take the Basic, with all those free channels, and 4 HD themes? If so, that means TSN is costing me $15 per month...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information