Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "

julie_rose_

"

i call bell tv today, and a lady answer. i ask if it was possible to send me by post office the new programming brochure with channel

julie_rose_

"&#-6164;a carte" packages

i was wondering wild i was studying their new brochure. i don't know if someone could answer that to me but i'll ask. I was wondering when i click on channel list, their the option of "Best of the Best" packages. Can i take that? If someone know the price, let me know because i am interresting to that packages. +movies.

BlueX

"

It seems that Bell is launching true "

Panache70

Given this choice does not exist (45 @ 29$), the question is very legitimate.
    After 30, the only option is everything (Best of The Best) @ 60$.

For someone who wants something in the middle, 22$+15$ (A LA CARTE 30 + A LA CARTE 15) would seem like the only possible option. 37$ instead of 60$ for Best of The Best would be an interesting option for those who want something "in between".

Anyway, if anyone knows for sure if this is possible it would be great to hear from you.

Panache70

A week later and none of these issues have been addressed.

I guess Bell TV has rushed to launch the new Platform in Quebec, but has not yet made it a priority to tie up the loose ends.

Quote:

Quebec questions for Bell TV employees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody from Bell TV has to be reading these posts, so here it goes:

1- Why do new Quebec platform customers not have access to TMN, Playhouse and Family online when they sub to these channels A LA CARTE? Error messages keep saying the proper theme pack must be purchased to have online access??

2- Why does Bell.ca show Speed and NFL network as being available A LA CARTE, but the programming brochure and self-serve online page do not show them as being available A LA CARTE (Bell TV CSRs also say it is not possible to sub to them individually... why not?)

3- Why is WSBK and WSBK HD not available A LA CARTE, but included in the 30$ and 60$ Top Packages?

4- Why does the online Self Serve show CMT & W Network as being included in the new Quebec Basic, while the brochures and bell.ca Shop page do not include them in Basic? Which is right? CMT is shown as being part of the Favourites pack for 5$ in the brochure ??

General Question:

When will HD channels be made available without the requirement to purchase SD versions (CNN and TSN are examples)? Almost all TVs being sold today are HDTV ready so why are you still forcing customers to purchase old technology to get the new technology? At the very least, allow customers to pick and pay for the SD versions without having to purchase an SD theme pack, A LA CARTE 15 or TOP package.

There, I feel better now... Hopefully someone from Bell TV can solve these discrepencies and answer these questions.

Thanks!

hsantos

"

What I meant to say, is when im in my account I see the Theme pack that I actually have. But If I try to enhanced the theme pack I dont see any option for the "

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vicky71,

The only way these days to have an almost 100 % confirmation with regards to this new offer is to talk with a supervisor from the programming department...The "basic" CSRs are clueless, they are reading their brochure, they don't even access the webpage. However I was told by a few CSRs that "the favorites" package is not breakable in pieces...Teletoon RETRO French is in basic in the pdf file , nowhere to be found on the web page.., the english RETRO one is in favorites in the brochure and pdf file but is in " a la carte" on bell web page... Nobody could tell me which is the correct version, I think it is in the Favorites though... believe it or not this was the dealbreaker for me (I was only 50 % convinced to switch anyways) : i didn't want to activate my receivers and then to pay 5 $ more per month for "favorites" when in fact I need only 1 single channel from there...

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

since the HD version is in the same HD theme as Sportsnet HD, I would assume that you don't need the SD version. Can anyone confirm that?

There is only one channel you need to select in SD version with the HD Themes and it is TSN.

Panache70

Looks like BellTV corrected some of the discrepencies in my previous post.

1- WSBK & WSBK HD is now available in THE FAVOURITES pack according to the Self Serve tool (however, this change is not yet reflected in the SHOP ONLINE programming web page or the brochure.

2- Speed, NFL and GameShow have been removed from the SHOP ONLINE programming webpage under A LA CARTE. This now confirms that these 3 channels are not available A LA CARTE (which agrees with the Self Serve tool and the brochure). The only way to get these channels is with a TOP package, Best of The Best or through the Theme Pack platform.

Discrepencies:

1- W network and CMT are listed as part of the Basic in the Self Serve tool but they are not shown as part of the basic in the brochure or SHOP ONLINE programming webpage. W is listed as A LA CARTE while CMT is listed under THE FAVOURITES.

2- W Movies is not listed anywhere under A LA CARTE, and neither is the old Drive-In Classics. How do we get this channel A LA CARTE? Does it come free with W Network?

3- Score HD is listed as a Free HD channel in the Basic as per the Self Serve tool, but Score + Score HD is listed as A LA CARTE. Which is correct?

4- A LA CARTE customers still do not have access to Family, Playhouse or TMN Online service.

We'll get there... eventually.

bartlett

I don't see that pacakge on the page?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information