Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    velix

Bell Legacy Package to end Shortly

Credits go to vjose78 for the links. I simply changed on to qc for Quebec and en to fr for french.

I wish wsbk was available in the favourites package. As it is, there are only three channels I'm interested in, Spike, WGN and the Military channels.

I figured by weeding out the legacy channels I never watch I can save $10 to $15 or add the movie network instead for the same $$$. I already have super ecran, but with the new plans I would lose the US superstations if keep superecran only.

For the last few years I never touched the programming to keep my legacy package. Once I switch, I'll be able to cancel a channel or two month to month if another channel airs a special event I want to watch. I sure wish Netflix was available to Canada. This added to two DTVPal DVR I just purchased would probably allow me to cancel Bell for OTA channels in August 2011.

Does anyone know the difference between the movie network and the super channel movie packages?

visiter555

When I signed up with my original package in Dec 1998, the contract included a neat clause that said your package/price will never change as long as you maintain your account in "good standing".

So, I think Bell would have major issues with these types of packages. Bell has been able to add extra receiver and system access fees, but not change the "package".

Poor Bell missing out on all those $$$. I can't see this happening to those whose package included the above "clauses".

Roman Centurion

If you signed up in 1998, you're no longer under a contract. I doubt Bell, even in 1998, would have guaranteed you in writing that the rates would never change. Nor would it have guaranteed you that your programming would never change.

The agents are not lying to you; they are giving the information they were given. Bell may delay before taking that last step, but I think change is inevitable, whether this year or the next.

visiter555

Hey Roman...

What's in "The Works" package? I still have my paper guide in a filing cabinet, but it will take me days to go through my ExpressVu files to find it.

Thanks,

Vis

jft436

Sensfan
    why not call retentions at bell and see what they will do for you. They seem to be applying different discounts and to tell you what I got may be not what you want. You can feel them out and there is no compulsion to accept at this time.

The discount has something to do with the tenure of service as I have been a customer for 10 years. I did get a discount of about $10.00 but I only took 4 theme paks. Good luck in your quest, one of the reason I really do not want to switch is because I own to PVR so while rogers would not charge me for rental on equipment for a year the cost would eventually kick in on the montly payments

Roman Centurion

I'm not sure how that CSR "had heard it for the past year", since it only just came out recently.

They tried moving people over a few years ago, but there was too much of an uproar.

Legacy programming includes all old programming packages before the current Genesis platfom.

1500cc

Was that $10 off per month, forever? (Well, as "forever" as Bell gets?) That would pretty much get the price back to where we are on the legacy packages.

I've been a sub since 1998. I actually love Bell's hardware and programming, much nicer than my neighbour's Rogers setup (although he doesn't have a PVR), so I don't want to leave. But I can probably get $500 or so for my 9242 on eBay, so if I really need to do it I will switch to Rogers.

Pinza

I think it just showed as "Digital Service" in the Guide with NO programing Data being populated. I did not leave it connected for long though, only long enough to see if it worked, so maybe the 9200 will populate the Guide if connected for longer.

Just as an FYI, the 9242 does NOT populate the Guide period, I have had my OTA antenna connected for months and still all I get is "Digital Service".

Roman Centurion

TMN and Movie Central offer 5 Hollywood studios = Hollywood blockbusters. Also, HBO Canada and some Showtime series.

Super Channel has 2 studios: Fox and MGM (last one's from memory), plus more international stuff. I always describe Super Channel as movies that are usually less well-known, but still often have big-name stars, and still a few blockbusters. Also has some series shows.

haystack

I don't doubt Bells offer for a second. Corporations have historically promised many outrages things they did not honor. Canada Post once offered" Internet for Life for $9.95" and reneged about a year after scamming $1.5 m

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information