Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    velix

Bell Legacy Package to end Shortly

Thanks, for the response. I switched off legacy and decied to wait before scaling down. I chose 30

MsDarkDiva

This may help- I found this link which, I believe, shows the original breakdown of the ExpressVu theme packages.

I've had the ultimate 7 since about 2001 and now I'm also left trying figure out how to piece everything back together! Looking at today's programming packages, it doesn't look like I'll be able to duplicate all my existing channels at the same price point.

Well, the legacy packages were good while they lasted... Guess it's time to trim the fat or move on!

jft436

I agree with Roman centurion comments but perhaps Bell will do something to make the change more bearable.

There is a very good possibility that the change could be tied in with the ala carte packages that are current in Quebec and will shortly be introduced in Ontario and the rest of Canada. However from the posts I have read it appears that the alacarte packages are not much cheaper it is just a different way to buy your programming.

There are many like myself who have HDTV 9200 boxes on the MPEG 2 format. So potentially there are many potential upgrades or free programming that they could offer to us long time loyal customers.

peano

The 9200 will never populate the guide unfortunately.

fre17dan

This topic was discussed in July 2006. Check this out: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...t=45554&page=2

The 17th post (from me) quotes a old bell brochure about their promised hardware upgrades; I bet we will lose this too.

Didn't bell give free hardware upgrades a few years ago for the clients in the thunder bay area when their local stations were moved to 82 satellite?

skullan

I'm frustrated with Bell for this.

I've had this package for 8 years and they are looking to charge me $5 more a month, plus telling me that they are dropping it in Feb 2011.

It's getting sickening how much we are getting squeezed by Bell, Telus, Hydro, the Federal and Provincial Governments.

I'm to tossing everything out the door.

Joe83420

Regarding equipment and service charges, it is more advantageous to migrate to genesis as the DSF charge is of only 3$ a month compared to 5.99$ on the legacy platform. Also there is no multiple receiver fees on the new Genesis platform. Plus, there is more channels in the digital basic package than the locals package found on legacy. That being said this platform is VERY old, hence the name "Legacy". Any prospective HD customers will agree that Genesis is the way to go.

Pinza

That was what i thought but I was not sure.

I take it then Peano, that NONE of the Bell HD Receivers with the OTA Tuner, populate any kind of guide Data.?

I just put my OTA cable directly into my TV, and I now get Guide Data, so I will be splitting this Coax in the near future.

vjose78

You have that for 8 years and have had numerously new channels added over those 8 years I would assume and are upset with having to pay a whole $5 more for it? I'd say your getting a good deal.

The reason why it would be ended in Feb 2011 is probably because they will be making everything a la carte, which is what most people want anyway.

Roman Centurion

I'd love to toss Hydro, and the Federal and Provincial governments out the door, too. Let me know how that works out for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information