Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    visiter555

Bell Legacy Package to end Shortly

You may doubt all you want, but many companies who are entering a market for a first time do all kinds of things.

MTS offered (a few months ago) "lifetime" free whole house PVR and no box rental fees when they introduced their new "ultimate" package. I have a personally addressed form letter stating that. Telus offered "lifetime" packages when they first introduced their cell packages. When ExpressVu made the offer they had less than 0.1% of the market.

All those offers have been held up as valid to the consumer in the courts.

Six weeks since the OP stated this was happening and zero from Bell. We shall see who is correct.

velix

I received the legacy letter. I wanted to check out the

E_31

For the record, I too have been with expressvu long enough to have a dishnetwork smartcard. I am in the exact same situation as sillyrabbit, as a matter of fact I believe I am on the 'House Special'.

Surprisingly, over the weekend I noticed a bunch of heavy equipment being offloaded on the road near my Telus DSLAM. I guess I will be getting Optik sooner rather than later. Bell is guaranteed to be losing me as a longtime customer, and I couldn't be happier.

vjose78

I still don't understand why some of you are ready to ditch Bell after 15 years or so. Just because your rates have gone up a bit? Get real, everyone else has had their rates go up over the years why shouldn't yours? And why not pay a little more since in the past 15 years they've added many many new channels? I guess the only thing I could say is nothing lasts forever so quit crying.

Bayguy

Hi jft you said "the Legacy package is to end in approximately one month." I don't know what a platform is but it sounded like you were talking about program packages. What is a platform package?

I've never heard of geneises and we can't call BELL. is this something I can see on our online account? Are we going to need a new receiver? We cant get Sat 82 here so an HD rcvr is of no use to us.

vjose78

If you go to this link http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/on/pdfs...s/channels.pdf you can see all their theme packages and pricing options. I believe the a la carte packages are only available in Quebec for the time being and as such may be harder to find on their website.

velix

Thanks for the link. I found the Quebec

Roman Centurion

That's legacy. Keep it for as long as you can until you research what channels you want under the current package. It may be very similar in price to move.
    You aren't paying for HD for a 3100, are you? I assume you have an HD receiver.

There's no "Retention page". Call Bell and ask.

jft436

Well it has happened I got my undated letter to day from Ma Bell telling me that I will automatically get a $5.00 increase on my Legacy package effective June 2010 The package will be terminated February 2011.I was advised to seek out the new programming packages.

I contacted Bell and spoke to a CSR who was very pleasant and she told me I am getting the price increase because the other packages have gone up and this one has not. Whether that is true or not I do not know????

I checked out some addional packages and my new bill will be would be $48.00 with 4 theme packs.I would get more channels but I would loose WGN not thats any great loss

I am sitting tight snd doing nothing at this point in time Basically I waiting to see if ala carte programming is coming to Ontario.

If i could figure a way to record HD from over the air at a reasonable cost I know about Tivo I would cancel my account as I have am HD antennae.

So if anyone has success with the grandfathering aspect I would interested in hearing about it.

Bayguy

Hey thanks for that velix. So i guess a lot of channels are in ala carte in Quebec but not all. Like BBC News is still only in a pkg. any rumors on whether other provinces might get ala carte? I "live" in Ontario.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information