Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    jft436

Bell Legacy Package to end Shortly

I was checking on my Bell Bill and programming and I spoke to a CSA and he informed that it is going to finally happen, that the Legacy package is to end in approximately one month. Present customers are to receive a letter about the change and will be migrated into the Geneisis package with an increase in montly billing and less channels.

The agent told me that he had heard this for the past year but it is finally going to happen and they will no longer carry the computer programming for the Legacy package.
    The CSA had no idea if Bell was going to offer us any incentives or not. Apparently there are only 7% of their customers on that package.
    When I asked about the grandfathering of the Leagacy package he could not answer what the policy was in regards to that.

Has anyone else come across this information,received a Bell letter or this just an other rumour?

lagernale

I've been a Bell subscriber almost from day one .I pay $10 for my HD channels, 8 theme packs including Premium movies i pay $54, my digital standard costs me $34. what do you think?

okcomputer

Sucks if that's true.

But one would hope you could call retentions and get a very similar package/deal.

Otherwise, they are changing your package, and charging you more for less, so I'd say bye-bye on principal.

vjose78

Well look at it this way, nothing lasts forever. And considering all the channels they have added over the years since the very beginning, do you really think a $19 increase is that much of an increase or unjustified in any way? Especially given the fact that most channels also have higher subscription fees associated with them. I'd say your pretty lucky if you've only been paying $54/mo for tv and now only getting your first rate increase after all these years. Most other people out there have been dealing with increase after increase after increase, so really you have nothing to complain about!!!

Bayguy

Tnx everyone I think we'll wait until Bell says we absolutly have to change. Please post if anyone gets new info.

Bayguy

jft is "Legacy" the real name of a pkg or do you mean all legacy pkgs? we have a really old pkg but we like it. I haven't heard of geneisis.

Ex Agent EV

http://bell.ca/web/tv/en/all_regions...l_customer.pdf

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This version of the Agreement is effective as and from
    July 1, 2008 and replaces and supersedes all previous
    versions of the Bell TV Residential Customer
    Agreement. Please visit our website at
    www.bell.ca/satelliteagreements or call us at 1 888
    SKY-DISH to obtain a copy of this Agreement that
    identifies all changes that have been made to it from
    the immediate prior version. A large print version is also
    available on our website or upon request. Une version
    fran

Roman Centurion

Destination is a Legacy theme pack that's split up between different packages. You can't match it up with just one theme in the newer package.

I know it has the Travel channel, plus a few others in the same vein as National Geographic (I think). Any agent should be able to look up the Legacy brochure on their system and tell you what's in Destination.

The customer could be paying that low, but that would be before any other fees. And of course, now it's $5 more.

motopsycho

Loyalty costs them.

I haven't been paying $54 for the last 10 yrs as they have increased it by $10 over the last two years as they had extra administrative costs due to the legacy plan

$19 / month ($228 / year) is more than I'm willing to consider. I'll spend $50 on a decent HD Antennae and just stream for free via the net the channels I can't get locally. I have no arguments paying $50 / month anything more IMO is crazy. I don't care for HD and that is all Bell keeps pitching to me, the free HD channels.

I think the major players in Canada see the writing on the wall that satelite and coax or old school technology and they are going to be up the creek without a paddle very shortly once more people pick up on free tv online. They are just going to over charge everyone now to make up the short falls down the road until they can figure out how to get in on the action.

Something that I just don't understand is all the major networks offer the shows for free online and yet they went to court trying to get extra money from places like bell for the use of their networks. Strange. Maybe I just misunderstood the whole case? Why pay bell to pay CTV, Global etc, when you can watch everything with fewer commercials online? It's nice watching a 60min show in 45min

For me, I stream everything from my laptop to my 52" tv and surround sound. The satelite is more of a convenience factor for my wife and kids.

Panache70

Not sure why they would be opposed to it if Bell TV pays them a fair price.

Why would Speed care who they are bundled with if they are making a good profit?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information