Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vjose78

Bell Legacy Package to end Shortly

Good luck with that, I doubt you'll stick around 15 years though.

jft436

I am done I called retentions to day and I am no longer on the Legacy package I got 15 more channels and my bill increased 10 dollars from my original legacy package.
    They would not rescind the five dollar increase.

When you take into consideration the $5.00 increase the actual cost was $5.00 more for the additional channels.

I was trying to keep the my cost as low as possible but I wanted value for my money so I threw in the towel, took more channels for a slight increase.

Hard to believe when I started out in 2001 my HD and regular TV costs were $9.95.on a bell 6000 receiver.

I must comment I spoke to two CSR at Bell they were efficient and polite so in that respect it was a pleasant experience.

Paying more money was not so pleasant.

vmpv

In response to Roman, I agree wholeheartedly with all the yearly increases for this and that as you would expect due to the rising costs as Roman pointed out.
    What I don't agree to, however, is the cash grab given to the loyal customers by kicking us off the legacy packages just to make Bell's life easier.

But it is free enterprise and they can do what they like. I did choose to go with another provider. -OTA

1500cc

@sillyrabbit ... make sure to test drive Shaw first. My parents have them, and I could never subscribe to them for the sole reason of their crappy receivers. Slow, ugly, no way to hide unsubscribed channels. Makes surfing incredibly annoying. Or maybe they have better ones now, but we just had them replaced a year or so ago. And besides, there's horror stories about every provider mistreating their customers. As much as Bell pisses me off at times, I'm not going to leave them just out of spite. Sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know ...

1500cc

Trying watching the Powerblock shows on Spike (e.g. Horsepower TV) this weekend, and it's not far off YouTube. I don't know if it's the source feed or Bell compressing the crap out of Spike, but it's horrible picture quality. (For the record I have a 9242 and Sammy 52A650)

MaxHeadroom

Just moved, and I was considering switching from Bell. I compared to Starchoice/Shaw Direct and Rogers and OTA. In the end, Bell won because of their PVR, which the DW is liking a lot. Shaw's hardware is atrocious, ancient, and useless, and I can't stand Rogers. OTA didn't offer enough channels for us here because we can't get any of the US stations here far north of the border.

E_31

"I still don't understand why some of you are ready to ditch Bell after 15 years or so. Just because your rates have gone up a bit?"

A bit??? The House Special package that I am currently on costs $44.95. I went through the brochure for the new packages and spoke with a Bell rep and we both concluded that the only way I am able to keep the same level of programming was to get the "Digital Essentials" starting at $56. My programs have been split into: sports1, sports2, news & learning1, family1, lifestyle1, variety1

I don't stand to benefit from this configuration of package, as I already have too many garbage channels that I don't watch (or even want to see on my channel list. I have a Model 3500 and a 5900, so I do not benefit from HD channels either. All I end up with is $11 more per month and nothing to show for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information