Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: picture quality

SJ44

picture quality

This seems to happen when an other channel on the same transponder needs sudently more bandwith.

dsslearn

picture quality

Just mearly pointing out that I was superised that someone with experience found the quality good....and it has nothing to do with this forumn.
    And yes...experience counts. I have seen some people that can't tell the diff between HD and SD, or using coax vs HDMI.

Don't be so quick to jump.....relax

scrooloose

picture quality

I have to admit that while watching House on Global HD (ON) last night, I did notice something different about the picture. It did seem sharper than what I'm used to. So far this season, Global hasn't been too bad.

On the other hand, I've been recording Hero's on NBC West HD, due to some scheduling conflicts. The picture quality has been terrible (macro-blocking has been really bad). I haven't watched Monday's episode yet. If it's bad, I'm going to switch to recording the 10:00 pm episode on Global instead.

-Mike

Kittys

picture quality

The 9242 wouldn't I think just effect 8 channels only while leaving the rest looking fine .
    And I believe I mentioned before about having access to 9242's & 9241's in another thread with the same results on calibrated sets. If anything I think the DSR530 does a poorer job outputting video than the Bell PVR's. I think its just a bandwidth issue on those channels....." Please Sir Bell may I have some more "

haystack

picture quality

Back to the computer as Habs vrs Ottawa game looks like crap, Is it supposed to be in HD?

Boavista

picture quality

I Pre-Ordered TNA Wrestling: Lockdown in HDTonight so i can be ready to watch it tomorrow night. Havent ordered HD wrestling on PPV since last year. Anyone comment on the HD PPV quality? Last time i ordered was Wrestlemania 24 and the PQ was pretty good from what i remember. Anyone order any HD wrestling recently? Care to comment on the PQ? Thanks in Advanced!

nicohockey9

picture quality

That really sucks we wont see an improvement on the American Superstations. Those are the station that need the most improvement!!

picture quality

You likely have a ground loop problem. Something in your system - like your coax feed to the STB or one of your components is not properly grounded. Search this forum for "ground loop" and you'll find several previous threads on the topic.

jumpy27

picture quality

Thanks for catching that rsambuca. I wasn't thinking when I typed in my last sentence. It's amazing that they can actually lower the bitrate and get better picture quality. I understand that in the US, Dish Network (Bell's big brother) had a lot of complaints when they went to HD lite, but when they switched over to MPEG4, the HD quality got a lot better. So the picture on Bell may get better with MPEG4.

Here is an example how bad the HD quality (on some channels) is on Bell right now: When I record a one hour show on CityHD, it takes up 1 hour on the hard drive and the show looks very sharp. When I record a one hour show on NBCHW (which looks very soft), it takes up only 37 minutes on the hard drive. Obviously they are compressing the heck out of NBCHW and not so much CityHD. I am going to record a one hour show on TSNHD and SportsnetHD to compare.

Is there somewhere on the net where we can look up how many HD channels are on each transponder and the individual bitrates for each HD channel?

cinOxen

picture quality

After hooking everything back up this is my conclusion too. The detail is higher on most of shaw's HD channels but the macroblocking is worse. I guess it all comes down to what your eyes like best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information