Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    haystack

AMC coming to Bell TV on November 11th

40" samsung and the remastered stooges were excellent quality in SD and comparable to HD on my set.
    I think SD has reception gotten better in the last while. That or HD has gotten worse.
    I think they were closer to the same than 10 times better in HD.

bev fan

The difference between SD and HD is undisputable on my tv , so for me it is hard to believe that someone suggests that there is not much difference between them.I would suggest to that person to cancel HD programming and save some money.

skydish

I watch AMC on channel 293.
    The signal disappears for about half a second about 10 times each minute, this is very irritating. This problem originates at the source. I called Bell TV and told them about the problem but nothing has been done.

billhome

The reason it WILL be part of the premium movies package is because the CRTC says it must be packaged with either TMN/MC/Super Channel or Family Channel.

I thought the CRTC only dictates how the basic channels are packaged. It seems to me that how AMC is sold should be a business decision. It true, then the CRTC is more intrusive than even I realized.

PRIUS

Yes, AMC is tied to the Premium Movie Package and, presumably, at no extra cost. However, effective January 01, 2010, HD Essentials, HD Extra, HD Max, Digital Basic, Digital Extra, and Digital Max is increasing in price between $2 - $4, as indicated on the company's website. One way or another, subscriber's to Bell TV will be paying for AMC.

Kingclancy

They did stretched one of the movies,To Hell and Back.The other two movies ,Patton and The Battle of the Bulge, were not stretched.
    I checked with the SD channel to compare.

QCK

So you think Bell is getting this channel for free, the movie package will eventually go up, or you basic programming prices will increase to offest the cost of this channel. One way or another he will be paying for it down the road.

cyclist44

Looks like AMC is going to be part of the Premium Movie Package which means I only have to put up with it for another week or so.

bev fan

I don't know what is going to happen down the road , but I know that he is not paying for it now , so there is no point complaining about something that has not happend yet.

reidw

cyclist44, I fail to see what it is you have to put up with. AMC is free so far. You haven't paid a cent. You are not forced to watch it and unless your TV is programmed to automatically pick AMC when you first turn on your TV you can completely ignore it. I see it as bonus channel for the past month. What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information