Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    DT1

AMC coming to Bell TV on November 11th

But AMC is not really a pay movie channel, in Boston on my old cable company AMC was in the digital starter package.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a waste of bandwidth AMC HD is - it's only "Stretch - O - Vision" as AMC does not have the Canadian HD rights for the movies they show. Only their original programming is in HD.

I can't believe that J.R. Shaw fell for this joke - and it's more surprising that Rogers followed - and now Bell!

Those running the gold mine known as Canadian cable/satellite companies really must think their customers are idiots.

Lindsay649

Might as well settle down and accept AMC or not bother watching it. Remember all the complaints about A&E HD and it stll remains on the channel list. Bell TV will only remove when the channel goes dark and that is not likely as it is American. (sarcastic remark intended)

skypilot

Plus their movies are edited for language! Ugggh!

reidw

How times change! A year ago I read post after post in this forum asking for TCM, AMC "et alia" as if these services were the be all and end all. Now we've all gotten to see AMC and the consensus seems to a huge disappointment. It seems we never learn that the grass only seems greener....

Maybe now we'll start looking for some quality programming instead of just latching on to the next campaign for a seemingly wonderful channel that Bell must have or else it is betraying its subscribers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

AMC, the American cable television station best known for airing classic movies and its popular series "Mad Men", is coming to Bell TV.

Bell will offer AMC in both standard definition and high definition beginning November 11th.

AMC will be available to Premium Movies theme package subscribers at no extra cost on channel 293 in standard definition, and channel 1281 in high definition.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

987654...., this is typical BEV, they brag about reaching 100 HD channnels, when about half of them show the same programming.
    I guess AMC is better than NO AMC but I hope their original series will at least be in HD!?

With all these anouncements from BEV, I thought one of them should have been as follows: [[B] " MONTREAL, Nov. 2 2009 -- In an address to The Canadian Club today in Montr

reidw

ptimo: The fact that a movie is out on Blu-Ray has nothing to do with whether or not it is/can be shown in HD on TV. The stations use HD masters specially made for broadcast TV. This is how Equator/HDNET/OASIS et al. can show many movies in HD that have not yet been released on BD. Thanks to this we've been treated to Ben Hur, Doctor Zhivago, Grapes of Wrath, and Lawrence of Arabia in HD to name just a few. Quality wasn't quite up to Blu-Ray standard but it was still very good.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Speaking for myself, I never wanted AMC but I do want TCM. There are lots of complaints about TCM HD on American forums right now. Most are complaining about the non hd and incorrect aspect ratios.

ptimo

And only 10 days after Mad Men wrapped up season 3!
    Great job, Bell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information