Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Ex Agent EV

Call from BEV to "inventory" my receivers

We misunderstood each other...

I said that in the service contract there is a part that says that if Bell Express Vu doubts that you are not using the service according to EVU policies they could deactivate the receivers, even whithout notice.

In the case we are talking Bell probably taught that you were using the service in two locations at the same time, therefore not according to EVU policies so according to that they deactivated the receivers.

I didn't say I agree with that...and I understand you frustration if all the receivers were indeed in the same house.

When I said that they wait time is usually less than 10 minutes it was using the MRVP direct number stated earlier, not going throught the customer service to be transferred to them. At this time of the year they tend to be more busy taught, since lots of people are opening their cottage...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agent Express V said: "BEV will let you bring one of your receivers to you cottage, but you have to call us to let us know before you got so that we could deactivate it. But the home and the cottage receivers can not be activated ta the same time."

It's one thing to tow the company line Agent, but can you not see the absurdity in what you're recommending? You're just pulling our legs, right?

ARR

So what your saying is your SAT team is largely responsible for a fair portion of customer defections?
    That's just brilliant.

Providers like phones lines plugged in so they can pitch IPPV and generate even more money, plain and simple.

Ex Agent EV

It's not just to you...all clients with more than one receiver (espacilly those with 4 or more) are likely to get called

Our computers "call in" the receiver to verify on a random basis, there is no way for us to predict when. After 3 failed attempts (I have to verify this info with my friend) you are put on a list to be called the info manually (location ID)

dosborne

It depends on the receiver model. Newer models change every 10 minutes, older models every hour.

Location ID has nothing to do with the actual physical receiver location. It is simply a calculated value based on the receiver ID and the time.

haystack

I find it hard to believe bev would have over twenty spelling mistakes in only 5 paragraphs of what is purported a legal text.

Nothing wrong with a spelling mistake mind you I just find it hard to believe that contract to be direct from bev.

I_Want_My_HDTV

The location ID is updated frequently. It just provides a unique receiver ID specific to a particular time. Providing the location ID just proves that the receiver is at the same location as you are. (Writing it down for later reference is no good due to frequent updates.)

Inability to provide the receiver ID often means that the receiver is in use at another location and is being used for account sharing. Of course, they will allow you to call back later to provide the ID (with your friend or relative on another line.)

sabres12

My bro has had BEV for 7 years and has never received a call from them. EVER. Mind you he's been flying under the radar for those 7 years, never switching off of digital standard, never being locked into a contract. Livin' large with a BEV 2700 and a BEV 4100 (I think). They've also NEVER been plugged into the phone line.

But REALLY, the majority of BEV customers probably don't have a phone line within 10 feet of their receivers. Who is going to run 35+ feet of phone cord across their livingroom? Beauracracy.

They should worry more about switching to a more secure encryption like DCII before worrying about multiple locations. Does this concept make any sense to anyone else but me?

dirtyjeffer

hmmm...BEV is considered not "cottage friendly" because they obey the law...interesting...the law is the same for all providers, so there isn't really a difference.

and if you think the "cottage policy" is too inconvenient, you are correct, there are other options...pay for service at that second address, which is what the cable companies want you to do and why they filed the grievance with the CRTC in the first place.

Nimiq 1

I have the misfortune of working for Express Vu so I thought I would use the same products they push out of the Door.

My expensive experiment has saved our Technicians hours since then, so in all it was a valuable lesson.

Nimiq 1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information