Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Ex Agent EV

Call from BEV to "inventory" my receivers

Djino you are not very likely to get called...they mostly call accounts with more than 3 receivers

Ex Agent EV

Again, whether the receivers are dialling out of not has nothing to do with this tag. It can only be added manually by an agent.

I've been an Express Vu client for the last 5 years. As mentionned previously it is not possible for me to hook the receivers in both rooms, so I didn't. I've never got a call from the verification departement.

That code is added when a customer calls and say i'm at the cottage, also when you add receiver note request to ask if you have a cottage or second residence and if the answer is yes we should add that tag. This tag also includes cabin, motor vehicule, recreationnal vehicule, anywhere else than the service adress

Nimiq 1

I have a plan.

Limit ALL accounts to ONE receiver, that way it does not matter where it is.

That should be simple enough even for Express Vu CSR's to work with......

Ex Agent EV

Certain vendors (retaillers) do get discount. The call center vendors DO NOT GET discount. Call NCO, Nordia or Teleperformance and pretend you're appling for the job, you'll see.

I'll be happy if I was to get it...I personnally spend about 70$ a month in BEV programming

I_Want_My_HDTV

Based on my past experience (and a what a lot of others have said) I believe the person. Bell has passed summary judgment on me a number of times and threatened denial of service if I didn't pay the disputed amount. It basically comes down to lies and extortion on the part of Bell when there is a dispute over charges.

ARR

So given their fairly decent subscriber numbers, then they are running on borrowed time, 'case when each sub has called in and received 'typical' treatment, then it's likely they will not be returning due to the bitter taste in thier mouth.

So for the moment at least and for those that have a distant relationship (pay the bill - get TV) they will continue business as usual.

Nimiq 1

Thanks for clearing this up.

I now fully understand. You DO NOT work for Express Vu but for a Call Centre.

All National Installation Vendors get a Staff Discount, even the office staff, if you don't get that deal, then now you can understand the double standards that are being applied throughout Express Vu.

Form a union, fight for a fair deal. Or better yet go work for Express Vu.

Nimiq 1

I_Want_My_HDTV

It's really rather ironic. EV allows maybe a million people to steal their signal with FTA receivers and other hacks, at a loss of up to $55,000,000 a year. Meanwhile, they engage in a petty campaign to harass a few thousand paying customers engage in practices that were once advertised as a feature but are now deemed unacceptable. It's a prime example of how the Bell bureaucracy has gone astray. AKA... We are unable to control the theft due to our own incompetence so let's screw our honest, paying customers instead.

SensualPoet

It is a pity that the ExpressVu software can't verify all receivers connected to one dish ("talking amongst themselves" as it were) and only one receiver need "phone home" from time-to-time. That would avoid the "might be a cottage" syndrome causing all services to be terminated based on a customer at some time in his Bell life uttering the "cottage" word or one of four receivers not being in dialling distance of a phone jack and cancelling all receivers.

So I get if a rental unit "doesn't dial right" it could be replaced "free"; but what if the customer paid for it and it "doesn't dial right". What's the next step? A call to the RCMP?

SensualPoet

Sorry, that's the MONTHLY math.

According to its annual report, the Bell ExpressVu average customer pays about $55/mth. If there are 1 million phantom customers, aka thieves, that's $660,000,000 ($660 million) dollars LOST every year. For a company, with 1.8 million customers, reporting annual sales of about $1 billion (or $1000 million), that $660 million is a sizable chunk of cash to contentedly "give away". You'd think some "anti-piracy" solution would be MUCH less than that to implement.

For perspective, the piracy in this scenario is MORE than the annual revenues from ALL Star Choice customers.

I apologize for repeating, but: no wonder the company is for sale. In spite of all the good Michael Sabia has brought over the previous "buy everything" group, for ExpressVu, at least, Bell has done a huge dis-service to its shareholders in not stamping out significant piracy of its signals using technology, rather than relying on the RCMP, to protect its core business assets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information