Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    ltldevl

Call from BEV to "inventory" my receivers

Trust me, by your response, I can completely tell that you work with Bell. And if you hadn't noticed, you have dug yourself into a deeper hole with this discussion.

As for the receivers not dialing, again, this exactly why they called. They did not ask me once if I have another residence whether it be a cottage or . And btw, I don't have any of those. Again, Bell is speculating to why my receivers are not dialing out instead of taking into a account that their own receivers are at fault.

Perhaps Bell hasn't called you because either they don't track their own employees or maybe their system works just as well for employees as it does for the regular full paying consumer? Which brings my back to my lottery point earlier. 1 + 1 = 2 ...but to Bell, it's 11.

FitzieSensei

...trust me, its happening.... whether your department can prove it or not..... all it takes is 3 people with cell phones

Ex Agent EV

I hate T you are comparing 2 different things... MRVP and tech 3 are 2 very different departement. Yes it is possible that you have spent over an hours on the line with tech 3. Sometimes they have to do troubleshooting before they could pinpoint what they problem is exactly

About the receiver swap, what are you so upset about? Bell didn't came back on their word...you read info that wasn't comming from the compagny (the outcomming of the receiver was, but the swap wasn't), took it for cash, and now because this info seems to be wrong you will blame the compagny and deactivate your service? Doesn't make sense to me...there is many other aspects that you can blame then for leaving, but not that one!

Ex Agent EV

If they were to do that we woud't be able to verify which receivers are were (which we do when we do the flip flop). lient could therefore say that only one receiver is in the cottage and others are hom when in fact 2 are home, one at the old parents home, one on a boat, one on a motor home and the other at the cottage like an account I saw a few months back

It would also be very complicated to make the site in a way that if you choos receivers selected as home hone the cottage can not be activated, espacially in situation like the one I just mentionned were there is multiple location involved

ARR

Who needs that sort of nonsense.
    Just do it or find a more cottage friendly TV provider, they ARE out there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry you don't understand.
    But there has been so much contradictory information from yourself and/or employer, that I really don't expect you to be versed in the larger marketplace.

Just stay safe in your own little *choice world and keep up the fine job you are doing for your customers.

Nimiq 1

SesualPoet, you raise a very interesting point.

There is an option being talked about within the industry but it will cost money to adopt. It may well be a valid option when Express Vu is sold off. I read that with the Diseq 2.0 standard it is possible to have all LNB's numbered electronically and that when a System is installed the Receiver Number, Smart Card Number and the LNB Number are all recorded.

A signal is sent from the Satellite to each receiver in turn telling it, "If you are connected to LNB # 123456, then continue, if you are connected to LNB # 654321 then shut down". This is a very simple explanation and I am sure much more knowledgeable people of this Forum can expand of this idea.

Basically, if you take your receiver to a cottage, unless you also take your LNB, it will not work.

An end to all the account sharing.......

Your question,

As a Rental customer, the receiver should be working as good as new, therefore if it no longer dials out, you should be entitled to a replacement. As an ORS (Out Right Sale) customer, this will only happen within the first 12 months and you will almost certainly get a Refurbished unit in exchange.

Nimiq 1

I_Want_My_HDTV

Both EV and *C once advertised that their systems could be used "at the cottage." This is just another way EV is screwing legacy customers for using their systems as promised, at the time it was purchased.

FACT: EV's paying customers are not the problem, EV's bad security system is.

EV is getting a lot of heat about pirating of their system so they harass their paying customers to "prove" they are doing something about it.

FACT: EV's attempts to stop piracy are ineffective.

EV should be securing their system against FTA hackers but lack the political will and technical ability so they harass their paying customers.

FACT: EV uses political donations and FUD to influence government and CRTC decisions.

Now that the cable companies are using the same tactics against EV, EV starts harassing their paying customers to appease the CRTC.

I don't understand how you can defend EV on this issue when so much of the real problems are the direct result of EV's almost criminal actions. Any other company or individual that causes losses of the magnitude that EV has to the BDU industry would be fined and/or the CEOs fined and jailed. Yet EV gets away with their unethical business practices and try to deflect their own problems onto their customers. EV is like a stable owner that leaves the barn door open and blames the people in town that pay for horse rides because the horses ran away. It's possible to account share digital cable and *C but I don't hear about them harassing and blaming their customers for signal pirating. I don't even see them with a piracy problem anything like the one that EV has. It's about time EV cleaned up their own back yard before blaming anyone else for the problem they caused.

scrooloose

If you don't have all your receivers connected to the phone line, and you have more than one or two, you can expect a call from BEV eventually. They're checking to make sure you're not account splitting. Nothing to worry about assuming you're not

-Mike

ltldevl

I hate tv, I completely agree. If Bell would spend more time tracking down pirates than giving their paying customers a hard time, there wouldn't be any piracy. I have had to do exactly the same thing for 2 of my 4 receivers. Bell stated that they are not dialing out but they are connected AND are successful with the dial out test. I told them that if they are not dialing out, they must not be functioning correctly and should be replaced. I had to spend over 1 hour trying to explain to someone who couldn't understand me. Probably because english or french was not his first language. My contract ends in September so Bell better turn over a good swap for mpeg 4 receivers or Bell will be leaving my house once and for all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information