Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    I_Want_My_HDTV

Call from BEV to "inventory" my receivers

That makes it 12 times worse.

Ex Agent EV

If you read the entire post you would have also read:"And in lots of case receivers are working even before I do my recap of the call". Yes the "official" delay is 15 minutes to 2hours, but it rarely takes that long.

Don't know why it could have taken 72 hours if it was just to restart a receiver. If it was on Temporary programming suspension we have a different story...

ronsnbrd

I have never had a CSR ask for a location ID. What would prompt them to ask? Where is it located?

"If someone has receivers in 2 different location (against Bell policies) and mark the location ID when going at the cottage then calls Bell to verify the location ID"

Why would one call Bell to verify the location ID?

i hate tv

I wonder what % of unplugged multiple receivers accounts actually get calls?
    Personally, I know of 1 person who has received the call
    Besides avoiding the SAT call to verify your receivers, I don't know what else would make it "important" enough to spend money to run a phone line to behind the tv, besides caller ID, but then again, I have that on my cordless phone already

habskilla

I was thinking that maybe a pissed off CSR tagged your account as "cottage" just knowing that as long as you're a customer you're going continue to get these very unsettling phone calls.

If true, I bet you that CSR is smiling...

armeee

Hello,
    My wife received a very suspicious call from a BEV agent.
    They asked to inventory or update my 4 receivers. I originally had 2 receivers (which I rent) but through a sale last spring purchased 2-4100's at a BEV authorized dealer.
    With my daughter away at school and taking her tv, along with my own job move to another town (I took another tv as I now share a townhouse with co-workers) that the other 4100 was hooked up to......... I am now left with 2 receivers that haven't been hooked up since last September.

I am wondering is this BEV's way of seeing if I am doing something Illegal, are they being "big brother", or is this normal practice???

I have had a BEV subscription for 2 years and this is the first call of this sort.

In any case, my wife took their 800 # and said I would call back.

Whats the scoop, anything to worry about.

thanks for any advice,
    Armeee

i hate tv

oh, thats what the problem is

Ex Agent EV

The other guys arejust not following the law...their system not following CRTC regulations

murzik

They have no choice - keyword is CRTC.
    "Having receivers on one account located in different residences is contary to the Bell ExpressVu Residential Agreement but not actually illegal. This is discussed in CRTC Public Notice 2006-133. "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Ex...rvice_Policies

Nimiq 1

Whilst I am not going to disagree with the Math I think that the true figure is significantly lower.

Not ALL the "pirates" would sign up for basic Express Vu, most would possibly repoint the Dish if Express Vu lock down the signals.

Of the 1 Million "pirates". again a significant number are ALREADY Express Vu subscribers and should therefor be removed from this equation.

From my personal experience over the last 6 years "piracy" is still growing very very fast. Our field Technicians report hundreds of illegal installations and hook ups weekly, or to be more accurate used to report them. Express Vu makes it a "Condition of Employment" that they report ALL instances of "piracy" and/or account stacking, or they could loose their jobs.

The lack of ease of reporting and the shear volume of the "illegal" finds, means that the reality is, nothing gets reported unless it is really outrageous.

Nimiq 1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information