Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Nimiq 1

3100 Problems Thread

Thanks.

He, The Bell World is selling all models, 3100, 5900, 6100 and 9200's All are refurbished.

I will go and chat with him on Monday, he might not be aware or he might just want to move some product.

i hate tv

3100 Problems Thread

Like he said, they are refurbs....
    The only feature they lack (that I know of) is an optical output, but from looking at them, they are a better constructed receiver. I have heard of 4100's losing signal from being too close to the TV....

Harp

3100 Problems Thread

I have 2 3100,s both were extras and they were hooked up to my spare tv,s through cable in and cable out. Basic tv hookup. Never were they hot ever.

Recently I purchased a samsung dvd recorder. I moved one of the 3100,s up to use with my dvd recorder. I am using the satelite in from the dish, the RCA audio red and white into the dvd recorder as well as the s video into the dvd recorder. The unit now gets very very hot. If I unplug all connections and just have the unit pluged into ac it does not get hot. I thought there was a problem with the unit as I have not used it for some time. I switched out the unit with my second 3100 and have the same problem. It is not because the ventilation is poor. there is plenty of room for the unit to breath. Does anyone have any ideas.

Pinza

3100 Problems Thread

I agree, I would rather have the 3100's than the cheap plastic 4100's, unless I really wanted Dolby 5.1.......

Pinza

3100 Problems Thread

If the "Check Switch" fails, there is a problem with the cable/switch feeding it or the receiver itself. If another receiver placed at that location works fine and the "Check Switch" passes, then you have a bad receiver.

Loss of programming could also be the Smart Card.

Call Bell TV, explain the problem, see if they are willing to ship out a new Card, although if you mention the "Check Switch" failing I would doubt it.

picard1

3100 Problems Thread

ok, i feel better now

do i have to worry about them sending me new cards or whatever? ... in the years to come

jpaul

3100 Problems Thread

My parents 3100 (bout 4-5 years old) a few days go was not getting any signal, I jyst happen to have another bell sat wire at the same place connected to another different dish but still bell (used to be a dishnet sat). I connected that satelite feed all was ok. But 2 days later same issue.. 3100 has no signal... I tried the reciever at a different location I got no switch detected..ok so I thought reciever bad.. however I took a working 6200? at the first location and I also could not get a signal and switch test failed... So I'm kind lost at what it could be..

I have 2 bell dish's on roof.. 1 has a sw44 with 3 recivers (or used to be 3), 1 9242 works (dual), 1 6200, and had my parents 3100 also..

The other dish is a dual lnb with sw21 switchs's..

The 3100 will not work with either feed, in any room.. the 6200 also does work at my parent location..

Could it be both Wire and IRD?

i hate tv

3100 Problems Thread

Hopefully this card swap will be the last for a while, as long as they have stumped the pirates this time....
    If the pirates crack it again (it could happen) then you should expect another card swap, but I hope there isn't one for at least another few years!

jpaul

3100 Problems Thread

bad wiring... all is good...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information