Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

3100 Problems Thread

Hi guys,
    I have my 3100 receiver hooked up to an auxillary input on my computer speakers. Meaning the receiver is plugged directly into my speakers. I want to be able to control the volume through the 3100 receiver because there is wireless remote, or audio receiver with the speakers. Is there anyway for the 3100 to control the volume?

dosborne

3100 Problems Thread

Keep in mind though that 2 receivers (different models) use different components and different scales to indiocate signal strength.

I've run different models side by side off the same dish/switch (and swapped cables to be sure) as often see a 10% difference on the same sat/TP.

Granted, in your case 50% drop is likely something else going wrong, but could be as simple as replacing the connector on the cable. It could be as minor as the centre conductor being too short or too long to make good contact in one unit.

barnettto

3100 Problems Thread

FTA? Not worth the $$, time wasted on uploading, lost channels as pirates and BEV battle for a secure signal. Just pay and then sit and watch.

I_Want_My_HDTV

3100 Problems Thread

AFAIK, no EV receivers have volume control. The 3100 definitely doesn't.

beardedcanadian

3100 Problems Thread

Okay so before anyone laughs, I want to make it clear, I am not a techno geek, so I may have terms wrong, make stupid comments, look stupid, or just seem stupid in general. Now that I have that out of the way, I have a question for anyone who is technically better than me, and that would be everyone!

I have BEV 3100 receivers, and two in the past three days have started searching for signal...they will not connect to the satellite at all. I have tried everything short of throwing them through a wall, which will come next.

They just keep scrolling through transponders? Whatever they are, I called Jason Statham and he told me he was the "transporter" not transponder, as you can see, I am clearly lost.

Any ideas? Other than upgrading...since I have 40 of the units it would be a little expensive.

jalvarez699

3100 Problems Thread

very strange. i just saw your last post. except mine broke conveniently 2 weeks after the 90day warranty period...I had exchanged my first receiver and got a "new" one a week or so later except the failed to tell me that it was in fact refurbished and only had a 3 month warranty. I was po'd.

that is very odd though, about yours having the exact same problem as mine.
    do you have it running through the DP44 Switch as well?

Ex Agent EV

3100 Problems Thread

They have same fonctions...

If the receiver will be disconected, either to be moved from one room to another or from cottage to home (following the policy) I suggest that you take a 4100, a 3100 will cause you to loose your channels, they will become red in the guide

If receiver can not be connected directly in the electrical plug I suggest that you get a 3100. 4100 tend to be sound sensitive.

Ex Agent EV

3100 Problems Thread

If they said it was pre-Aladin that means you will have to pay to get it replaced...

Bell had a smartcard programm replacement free of charge until last year...
    All the clients that didn't had the new blue card and were reactivating a old unit were shipped a new card free of charge. Since it has been a few years since the card swap (and they were probably planning this year's card swap) they decided to stop that last summer.

Clients, like you, who have an old card must now pay 69$ to get a new smartcard. Problem is, if the receiver doesn't have the latest software version (as it's most likely the case) it is possible that the card won't "marry" to the receiver and won't work. Smartcards are not refundable even in that case.

Used 3100 are sold on E-Bay and Kijiji often for as low as 25-30$
    Make sure if you choose that route that the previous owner called to say he was selling the receiver, otherwise you won't be able to activate it

Ex Agent EV

3100 Problems Thread

You can get a refurbished one for 49$ + shipping and handeling (12$) if your receiver is out of warranty. They will ask you to return the old receiver and the new one will be warratied 3 months

If you haven't called Express Vu about it you could also suscribe to Dish Care for 6$ a month which would cover all your receivers. You need to take it for a minimum of 1 year

i hate tv

3100 Problems Thread

It sounds like your dish is out of allignment, or the LNB's are dead.
    Do you have 40 receivers hooked up all at once?
    If so, then it could be something with your multi switches...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information