Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Bell HD Packages (formerly titled: Bell HD Price Increase)

Probably in theme #5, so you can still enjoy Oasis and Equator. I actually like those channels, but what I like is usually not popular.

kav2001c

I have had all 5 HD packs & all sports packs for some time now
    What really bugs me is I get SD Raptors no problem
    HD Raptors keeps getting pinked out and I have to call in & complain to fix it

I dont even like NBA but it bugs me that it keeps happening

Anyone have any ideas why?

trafficinfo

from menzel:

"One difference between old and new is that once the preview ends, the old subscribers won't have access to NG HD or Showcase HD unless they switch over to theme packs. Right now, with HD packs are kinda small (2 or 3 channels each), and there are 5 of them, so you'll lose 2 or 3 channels (I opted to go without Rush HD and Rogers Sportsnet HD)."

If More HD Variety is in free preview until Dec 2008/ Jan 2009 then why not opt out of those and then 8 months later you switch back if you want them. Very smart move by the BEV CSR I guess.

Keaters

The reason why it would be happening is because Bell uses a $0.00 rate code to get the Raptors HD working. I had that problem before, but I got it fixed by telling them to add the rate code to correct it. Once they did that, I no longer have the problem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been reading here about the TSN HD requirement and trying to see how it applies to my situation. I have a legacy package ($10 for HD Value Pack + 5 Digital Themes $23 + Digital Standard $35.) Total bill is $68
    I just want the Digital Standard, TSN HD, TSN 2 HD, Score HD and Sportsnet HD. My understanding is that I need Sports 1 to get TSN HD and TSN 2 HD.

Would my new bill be: Digital Standard ($35) + Sports 1 SD ($8) + HD Value Pack ($10) = $53 or would I lose my legacy HD Value Pack because I downgraded?

In which case I would have: Digital Standard ($35) + Sports 1 SD ($8) +HD Sports Theme ($5) + Sportsnet HD Pick and Pay ($2.50) = $50.50

I think if I lose the HD Value pack, I could also pick 4 HD themes for $10.

Still unsure why you need Sports 1 SD to get TSN HD but not Sportsnet SD to get the HD version.

Roman Centurion

If you like, you can specifically ask to keep the HD Value Pack, and also keep the old Sports 1 pack, if you want RSN in SD.

There's not much impact in changing to the new HD pack at the same $10 rate, and an agent won't be too interested in converting you if he/she can't convince you to take all 5 HD themes for $15. Just make sure they keep the old themes as is. You should NOT be forced to update that programming if you don't want to, but it's minimal impact if you do.

And if you do change over, don't choose RSN HD as a pick and pay - for $2.50 more, you can have the 4 HD themes.

ronsnbrd

I had a big fight with a CSR when Golf HD was taken off free preview and I no longer got it and he said that I would have to update my package and pay $15 instead of $10 to get it. After ranting for 10 minutes and berating them for being crooks he finally admitted that I could get it for $10 if I left off 2 other HD channels, I forget which ones but I think they were new as well. It is very puzzleing to me why they give you multi HD channels for $10 and want an additional $5 to get all of them, in this case an extra 2. Seems to me to be a very strange pricing setup.

Roman Centurion

The $10 for 4 themes is the equivalent of what your old package was, with a couple more channels, like Golf HD. In order to get the fifth theme pack, with more HD channels than what you had before, you pay $5 more.

You didn't have to go for all five, as you know, but it's not rocket science. If you want more channels, you have to pay a little more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information