Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    dosborne

New Bell HD Packages (formerly titled: Bell HD Price Increase)

Digital/Analog/OTA/etc is definitely off topic for this thread. There are existing threads, please use them.

Thanks.

bev fan

Actually in my case it will go down by $10 as I am going to cancel HD pack and watch DH channels that will be free with theme packs , so for many customers price of HD will go down as BEV will not require to buy HD pack to have HD channels.

Mr.TV

As with Harry above 2 posts, wonder how many subscribers with out HD prior to today, will wake up and be astonished?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, let me know how it goes. If they do let you sign up for the 4 HD packs for $10 without requirement of a SD sports package then I got some complaining to do
    My packs were HD Sports, More HD Sports, HD World and More HD Variety.

Notice that their website now has an asterix next to TSN/TSN2 (I'm pretty sure that wasn't there few weeks back) that states:
    "*With subscription to packages containing the associated digital channel(s)."

I_Want_My_HDTV

On the brochure, CTV HD and CBC HD are clearly included in digital standard. A total of 6 HD channels are included. You need an HD receiver and two LNB dish though.

davecanada

Gino Cerullo

Interceptor, I just meant that it would be unreasonable to expect them to add all the HD channels as they are added indefinitely even if you do subscribe to the SD version. At some point the HD channels are going to reach a critical mass that it makes more sense to offer them in there own theme packs as they are starting to do now.

I do see your point about the wording in that brochure though and if they did in fact remove HD channels you previously had then I would be pissed and untrusting as well.

Baal

No, it says it right in the $32 option (which is what jjjay was asking about) that it includes the Free HD channels. (as long as you subscribe to the SD equivalents)

And I have to assume the $52 option also includes the Free HD channels, otherwise how are they considered free? But don't quote me on that, because it is Bell after all.

I_Want_My_HDTV

I will be in the same situation, only worse. I would like to keep WGN HD. TSN HD would be nice for HD sports but have no interest in Raptors. So I will have have to purchase an HD theme to get one channel or pay for two themes (one HD, one SD) to get two HD channels. (I have no interest in SD sports channels.) Talk about absurd.

cslusarc

Avgjoe, when I was a Bell CSR as late as June of this year, you could have ordered Base Num

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information