Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    haystack

New Bell HD Packages (formerly titled: Bell HD Price Increase)

For new subs to HD or anyone that wants to pay more for the same channels Bell will charge $15 for HD as a special for the same channels. After special of 4 themes for the price of two it looks like HD themes will go to $5 each or $25 total. From page 42 expressvu ad in Show magazine. Old subs are grandfathered in and can stay at the old rate

Harryhoo

I cancelled my HD channels a number of months ago because the 9200 is unreliable when it comes to recording HD shows.

I discovered this morning that I was getting not only the CTV & CBC HD channels as before but all the Canadian and US HD network channels. Is this some mistake they made on my receiver or is it now available to everyone as part of a basic digital channels?

kuschall

Is there an easy understandable .pdf programming brochure of Bell somewhere like this one from Star Choice http://www.starchoice.com/english/pr...ng_guide_f.asp or they only have their uncheck/check box webpage witch is not really great at all?

thanks

scrooloose

DTV does not equal HDTV! Big difference. There is no date to convert SD channels to HD. That will likely be another decade at least.

-Mike

merve04

actully, if I'm not mistaken,, I do belive that in Canada, all OTA channels by 2011 have to be HDTV, not to say the shows will be 16:9, but the format of the signal needs to be.

Gino Cerullo

Interceptor, I understand. I had a similar package up until about a week ago but I was never under the impression that I would receive the HD equivalent of every SD channel that was added forever. I think that's a little unreasonable. I did however express my disappointment to Bell every time it happened just to keep them on their toes. They did however give me some new HD channels on occasion that I hadn't originally subscribed to.

reidw

Looking at the packages I'd bet on #2 for SPEED HD.

MrGrinch

I think you nailed it HDTV. Having previous experience with Bell and an old legacy package they will probably treat this the same way. I would guess that any new channels that get added or come off free preview will not be available to all-in-one'ers unless you convert over to the new pricing scheme. I went awhile without HDNET, A&E, Discovery, etc before I finally caved in and switched my package away from legacy.

bev fan

Just curious if old HD pack will include HD geography and showcase channels once free preview is over.

scrooloose

That is not correct. 2011 is the year that Canadian Analog OTA channels have to be converted to digital, not HD, just digital SD.

There is an entire thread devoted to this topic http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=61760

-Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information