Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBaq

Quick Question - Bell Charged me for no install.

Hello all,

I recently gave in and ordered Bell TV despite being somewhat satisfied with the HD channels I receive for free OTA. I had my order completed (with a few problems from the customer service rep I "chatted" with on their website).

Anyways, I called the installation centre to setup an express installation because I did not want to wait until Nov. 2. They checked that my condo was good for Bell TV and we setup the appointment for Oct. 26th. I received a phone call on Saturday afternoon saying that they now cannot install because I am a Rogers customer (I use their internet) and Rogers refuses to release the line. In Bell's haste, they have already charged my credit card for $113.

My question is whether or not I am locked into Bell's contract when I clicked the OK button on their EULA when I ordered online, or if it takes effect on the first day of service. What I really would like to know is if Bell will let me go and give me a full refund? I have tried to call them back, but their customer service centre isn't open again until Monday. I sent an email, but I guess I have to wait until Monday.

Thanks,
    Brian

Pinza

Are you intending keeping Rogers for your Internet.?

If not then Rogers cannot refuse to release your line.

Anyway, Bell TV and Rogers Internet can run in the same cable if they use Diplexers but I guess they choose not to.

As you are not a Bell TV Customer, I see no reason why a full refund is not done immediately.

BBaq

I do intend on keeping my Rogers internet. Could I mention the use of a diplexer to Bell's customer service team? What I am also worried about is the $43/month and if they will start and continue to charge my credit card despite not having their service. I can image lines of communication being distorted in one way or another and the billing team continuing to bill me. The lady who left the message on my phone also stated that my account or installation has been changed to "manual handling" (whatever that means).

Pinza

You can try asking about the use of Diplexers but the people you will be talking to will have no idea what you are talking about, trust me.

Call your Credit Card Company, NOW.

Bell are the ones who have screwed up here not you. They should have asked about Internet, if that is a show stopper before they took your order.

BBaq

Pinza, thanks for your suggestions. Appreciate it.

tofinoguy

With Bell you have 10 days to get out of the contract anyway.

dosborne

It shouldn't be a problem except it may take a few phone calls to seort it out. Bell will not force you into a contract if they can't provide service to your location. You may have to get a letter stating that the line is unavailable for their use. Don't sweat it.

Ex Agent EV

Thir customer service center is opened on week end, on Saturday until 9 (I belive) for all type of calls and Sunday only for technical issues. In the future you could select the options for technical problems and the agent will be able to assist you.

By the way, that dial 1 dial 2 is only is totally useless...when the agent gets the call he doesn't know whether you are calling to upgrade your programming, a billing issue, a move or a technical issue.

Step 1) Call BellTV to make sure that the work order (for the technician's visit) has been cancelled. Aak them to credit you back and when it will be done. Ask them the fax number of the billing departement

Step 2) Call your credit card provider and remove the automatic withdrawl autorisation

Step 3) If, in the delays given by the agent at step 1 you still haven't received your credit fax them your credit card statement (you can hide the other transactions, as well as the card number) and add a letter, with an explanation of the case. You can also fax all those documents as soon as you get the number

This should fix the issue...if it doesn't call back and ask a supervisor directly. The agent will have to try to resolve the issue before he transfers you...but will be more willing to help you to avoid a supervisor call

Your contrct is in effect only ONCE YOU ARE INSTALLED, so there shoudn't be any penalty for cancelling

Pinza

Ex Agent, we are NOT talking Bell TV here, this is Bell Entertainment Services, a whole new animal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never ever give bell your credit card!!!!!!! Pay the bill yourself, way less hassles when you want to leave or need to leave for some reason or so!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information