Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Yashin

HD Value Pack and changing programming online

Has anyone with the HD Value Pack done a programming change online? Does anything happen to the Value Pack?

ScaryBob

You might be able to keep the value pack by calling Bell. The online ordering system defaults to the new HD packages, which may or may not be a good value, depending on what is wanted.

Yashin

HD Channels, Latest HD Channels, and Raptor doesn't sound like the new HD packages.

billhome

I am not comfortable calling their people. The last time I did that, they changed my HD package, and I also lost Raptor HD. I didn't complain because I don't watch it anyways. I am not going to bother getting Superchannel because something else will go wrong. It is like the fast one they pulled by changing my satellite TV bill to a new Bell all-in-one bill with a new account number, and my automatic bank payment did not get credited. What should be an internal change ended up affecting their customers.

ScaryBob

Raptor was included with the original HD pack. That was changed with the HD value pack to require Sports 2. However, a couple of other channels were added to compensate. With the new themes, Sports 2, both HD and SD, must be purchased to get Raptor. The same is true for some other HD channels. Talk about nickle and dimeing subs to death.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I should have read this thread. I changed my programming online and now I don't get the HD TSN and Sportsnet channels. I called and was told that those channels aren't in the HD Value Pack.

Why do they pull this sort of crap with their customers?

Interceptor

a. because they can and they can also pull in a few more bucks

b. they get a perverse pleasure in screwing up their customers programming

c. they don't know what they are doing

d. all of the above

can3gxw

Most often it's because the online systems reflect what is currently available to all subscribers (new and old). Any grandfathered packages or bundles will vary from one subscriber to another, and not everyone will have the same tiers.

By calling in (as painful as it is sometimes), you can ask, ask and ask about what you can do (before they do it) and ask again that "if I do this, will I lose that?" If they say "yes, that's right", then ask again just to confirm "so - I have the HD Value pkg and want to add this HD bundle - I'll keep the others, right?"

Personally, I can't speak to any of the "horror" stories with regards to the Bell CSRs because everytime I have ever called, I did not have any problems. When I first moved to HD, my first month's bill WAS all screwed up, and I didn't get my programming and rental discounts. I immediately called and had it corrected in minutes.

Unless I'm checking my bill, or seeing what other bundles are available, I simply don't use the self serve website.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information