Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    cablecanada07

Animal Planet on News and Learning 1

somebody had confirm me that is a change that they made. and i also waiting for the answer for how come when someone had news and learning 1 and do not received it.

Korak

I have the same,(AP pick n pay along with News & Learning 1) and was charged for both on my last bill (for May). Since I received my final credit from customer retentions on that bill, I didn't want to call and "stir the pot" by asking for the $2.50 back when it was free anyway. But if both charges are on my next bill, I'm going to call. Geez, you'd think they could figure out that if you had both, and now they are combined in News & Learning 1, that we shouldn't be charged the $2.50 for AP!!!!

Pinza

It was recently on Free preview but the point is, this Channel is now included in a package that people are paying for already, so Bell should have found a way to inform those people if they could not just "hit" all subscribers of News & Learning 1.

They should have a Database that can pull out that information and act accordingly. A note on your Bill, a seperate letter or at the very least asking Customers to call, it would have made a huge difference.

I called and spent 20 mins on hold, followed by 5 mins talking to India, then another 3 minutes explaining that I do not want to add any programming other than what I already pay for, followed by another 3 minutes explaning that I am NOT upgrading my programming, I am having News & Learning 1 taken off and added back on to allow me to see Animal Planet, which is now in that Theme. Not an easy conversation with a CSR who cannot understand the subtleties of the English language.

So after over 30 mins I get Animal Planet, just imagine if only 50% of News & Learning 1 customers go through the same farce, it is costing Bell money, in time for the CSR's, cant they see this...... Surely some of the other options would have been cheaper.

cslusarc

A new contract with CTV Globemedia has some channels moving between Digital Themes.

Effective 17 April, Animal Planet moves to News and Learning 1. If you had Family 2 on or before 16 April you will still receive Animal Planet.

Also RDS will be in both Sports 1 and le Monde en Francais, this is for both SD and HD.

cyclist44

Animal Planet is suppose to be on channel 525 I have news and learning 1 and I don't get Animal Planet.

cablecanada07

also in divertissement there is 3 ztelehd write down. probably just a mistake from the one who did the webpage that jovini gave us.

Roman Centurion

Animal Planet is available in News and Learning 1 now, and will no longer be available as a Pick and Pay for anyone who wishes to add it. RDS is now in Sports 1, and Sportsnet is now in Sports 2.

Bell is not forcing people to change their programming from the old. Old Family 2 will carry Animal Planet, and people who already have it by itself will keep it.

You can update your standard definition theme packs without changing your old HD package, or any retention offers you may have.

Just make sure you are clear what you want to do on the phone, and make sure you don't want to go back to the original setup, because you can't.

jayoldschool

lol, forgot to look this morning. I'll check when I get home...

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not a website error. Animal Planet moved from Family 2 to NL1 as of the 17th. People who add NL1 or Family 2 after April 17 will see this. If you had it before it'll stay the same. CSRs are misinformed and a lot of them will just give you the quickest and most convenient answer without checking. RDS being cloned in Sports 1 works the same way I believe.

It's only BBC News in NL1, BBC Canada is still Variety 2.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can confirm that I have 525 Animal planet appearing and I do not subscribe to Family 2. This channel just showed up for me a few days ago.

As for RDS... unfortunately I do not have access to the SD or HD version as of yet.

-Carson

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information