Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wings69

Error 005 smart card currently does not have authorization(?)

Monday at about 3pm I got error 005, smart card currently does not have authorization to view or purchase this program(for any channels). Called Bell, was on hold for over an hour and first rep tried resetting stuff bla bla bla, said it'd all be fixed within two hours. Three hours later I called again, rep I spoke to this time said this was a common issue and was a mess up by Bell and they were working on it, but I wouldn't have any programming for at least 48 hours. WTF? They say it so non-chalant too like it's no big deal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you just swap your smartcard?

Wings69

Hey Hugh,

Nope, that was over a month ago I did that. Everything has been fine until Monday. I'll give a bit more details:

• Programming went out Monday afternoon, gave me error 005.
    • Called Monday night at 6pm. Got disconnected couple of times, and was then on hold for an hour.
    • On phone with a rep for an hour. He verified software update is fine etc, he did some stuff, got me to run check switch, then said within 2 hours it'd be back up and working.
    • 3 hours later I called back as still not working. This rep said that there was a system outage at Bell, and that it would take 48 hours for programming to return.
    • Called again Tuesday afternoon as my error had changed to a 129. This rep did some stuff with my account, asked me to do the check switch and said it'd all be fixed within 2 hours.
    • 4 hours later, was back to the error 005. Still no programming during this time. Called Bell again, this rep said there was still a system outage at Bell, but he did some stuff with my account, told me to do check switch and that after two hours programming would be back.

Of course, still no programming and getting the error 005. And it just seems weird that there is apparently a system outage at Bell and "lots" of people are apparently without programming, yet I haven't seen one post about it on any forum

schubunny

DavidT:

Yeah, my parents have Bell also, and the issues they've had is telling Bell numerous times that they want to cancel 'x' channel, over the phone. Yet when they get the bill they're still being charged, so they phone again and complain, etc etc. Just a vicious circle.

Well it's been 2 hours again for me now, so the boyfriend is gonna call tomorrow for me. He doesn't put up with bs as well as I do. Me, I just want it fixed, period.

Pinza

Swapping cards from 1 receiver to another is not possible, or at least shouldn't be.

As soon as a Card is activated in a receiver it becomes "married" to it and connot be used in another receiver.

I would be very interested to know if the 9200 now works with the card from the 5900....

If Bell TV deam the new Card defective and another card is required and it can be done, why on earth not just reactivate the on-board card.?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting, I got the same error on Tuesday. So far 3 calls, virtually identical troubleshooting each time, and each call ended with them telling me that an update will be sent to my receiver in 15 minutes to 2 hours. The last rep conceded it could take up to 24 hours and it is a common issue right now. So far nothing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought I had heard of error 005 before and searched the forum. Came up with 05 but that was a different problem. Then it dawned on me, that I had received the same message several months ago.

Can I assume you guys both have the 9242?

schubunny

Well, they told my boyfriend today that e have to just WAIT for some other different error message and that's it. WTF. They said if it's off a full week we get a credit. Well whoopie doo. I have some feeling it will never ever come back. UGHH

Wings69

I have the 9200.

Exact message for error 005 btw is:

Your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program. Please wait or channel up or down.

Of course, that's all channels. On a couple I will get audio but no video for about 3-5 seconds, and then that message pops up and audio cuts out.

Wings69

Alright I went today as high up as I possibly could haha with over an hour telephone call. End result is many of the smart cards they shipped out was defective, and they're shipping me a new one, and it will take 5-7 business days. How the hell can a company actually say that with a straight face? Then when I pointed out how ridiculous it was that the company screws up and the customer gets screwed over it, they try to offer me 3 PPV movies for free. Sigh.

Anyway I spoke to the guy more, and it seemed his hands were really tied, but I pointed out to the fact that if I want, I can get a receiver overnighted to me from Bell, yet a smart card has to take 5-7 days? And I finally convinced him to try and take it to the office that deals with this, and point out how ridiculous this is and see if they could overnight it to me. Of course I'm sure he just told me this to get me off the phone

On another note - I've got a 4100 here with a smart card - there is no way to tie this in with my 9200 is there? Like I couldn't call Bell, get them to switch that smart card over or something in the meantime? It looked like conflicting opinions above, so would like to hear more about that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information