Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Location ID

spun14

Location ID

I have an old 3100 kickin around that i hook up occationally just for updates and to keep it up to date in case the other 3100 i have in the bedroom decides to die. Just about everytime i hook it up i get a call wanting to verify my recievers. I'm told every time they call that its just to resync them and blah blah blah. Ohh well not that big of a deal cause all of mine are at the same location. Although they didn't call when i plug'd it in for the card swap which was surprising.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Location ID

Whatever you do, don't tell them that it's at your cabin. When Bell first started, you could have a remote unit.

Not anymore. I had one at my cabin, and told them that. They gave me 2 options:
    1) They could deactivate it.
    2) I could buy a minimum programming for my cabin ($40ish).

I chose #2 for a bit, then I wasn't going out there enough to warrant the cost. I ended up just hauling an old receiver back and forth for the rare occasions we went out there.

dosborne

Location ID

Pay for your subscription and don't "share" it with anyone.

timmer73

Location ID

What if you just don't answer your phone. I never answer my phone if I don't recognize a number. Will they leave a message to call them back?

glu

Location ID

Hi. I just bought a Bell system and was becoming aquainted with it. I was just wondering what the purpose of the Location ID is? Does that mean that they can tell where I have my receiver, or if I take it in my cabin? I know this is probably a dumb question, but I appreciate your answers. Thank you.

haystack

Location ID

I would imagine over 99% of people called Pay for their subscription and don't "share" it with anyone.

stan440

Location ID

does bell just assume everyone has a cordless phone? reading through this thread i think it would be impossible if you had an old corded phone. would they let someone call out the info for you or just cut you off?

Ex Agent EV

Location ID

The percentage of people "sharing" their suscription or not using the receiver respecting Bell's cottage policy is actuyally way higher than you would think

If you don't pick up the phone after a certain numbers of time they call they could turn off the programming on some, or all, receivers

If you tell them you are busy after a certain number of time they speak to you they will turn off the programming on some, or all your receivers

Location ID must be given simultaneously...not all receivers at the SAME time, since that's physically impossible, but one after the other. Each receiver that can not be verified during that call will be deactivated immediatly. The person who gives the location ID is not supposed to talk to anyone else (or ask him to proceed the verification and read him the number of one unit). The agent should pay attention to the background noise while proceeding the verfication, such as hearing the client dial a number, being put on hold, typing on a keyboard...in case of doubts the agent should deactivate receivers.Some agents are "BY THE BOOK" and some others are more "customer-friendly", or avoiding to create a conflict with the client by ignoring some sign of "illegal use"

MCIBUS

Location ID

After a couple of calls they'll shut off your receivers.

When I orginally had BTV(befoiore the limit of receivers) I had 8 which later I reduse to 6. I would always get a call from BTV asking for the location ID(after all most customers don't usally have 6-8 receivers conected upo. The funny thing was I had them all conected to a phone line, so they would call in to BTV(not sure why they kept calling?).

anyhow if you don't tell them they'll shut off your receivers.

satonepro

Location ID

Hey guys
    Why dont you simply tell BEV to close the account if the're not happy with your business...

You're going to hear a very different reply from them..
    They cant afford to loose customers and the only way to solve the problem is to be arrogant with them as they are with us...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information