Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Steve0

Bev Testing MPEG4

Maybe its possible he got his information from echostar? Perhaps they received an order for MPEG4 receivers.

I guess without knowing the source of the info its hard to believe. Personally I think the truth is going to be somewhere in the middle. MPEG4 receivers in october, a few new MPEG4 channels in 2008... Along with a few new rate hikes up the ...

ARR

Bev Testing MPEG4

You can just add the 8PSK tuner to a Bev 6000 and make it identical to the Dish 6000, or if I understand correctly, the 6000U was already 8SPK capable, but were 6000U's ever sold in Canada?

If they have problems getting the 8PK tuners, there is now a clone version on the market as they are in high demand by the HD FTA guys.

I read they might actually run cooler and better, go figure!

Nemnoch

Bev Testing MPEG4

Okay for the last time, that memo was a statement of upgrading the reciever names in the POS/ordering system to make sure it was up to date when the recievers actually shipped.

It has nothing to do with the shipping of actually mpeg4 capable recievers.
    *sigh*

nem, who thinks people believe what they want to believe, which incidentally, is sometimes not the truth

Nimiq 1

Bev Testing MPEG4

I think its very valid to discus the MPEG4 transmissions coming down from the Nimiq birds.

Although at this moment they are not there, maybe the MPEG4 team got the long weekend off.......

It is the future of HD from Express Vu, MPEG4 receivers are on the ground in Ontario, they will find their way into homes pretty soon. Obviously at that time they will only decode the current MPEG2 data streams but still in is a significant step forward for "Canada's HD Leader".

If I were to be just getting into the HD market right now I would be very grateful for the information on this site to enable me to make an informed decision. Without DHC breaking the MPEG4 story this could still be shrouded in typical Express Vu mystery.

ARR

Bev Testing MPEG4

Flagging an MPEG2 signal with MPEG4 headers, just the type of scheme we might expect from Bev.

Trying to pull a fast one over unsuspecting consumers just to coerce them into buying a new receiver when nothing has really changed.

On top of it all, it doesn't help their bandwidth crunch, but has all the appearances of a good thing.

It's all smoke and mirrors.
    Knowing the astute people here and some of their capabilities to see through such a deceit will only cause them more grief.

I don't think they'll ever learn.
    People are as dumb as Bev seems to think they are.
    Well some maybe.

ARR

Bev Testing MPEG4

CH. 885 FTA-1 12545 20000 V 5/6 MPEG4 480i Much Loud

Other channels allegedly reported on .US sites going MPEG4, but unable to verify.
    Did note that they also quoted same TP as noted above.

No discernable difference against MPEG2 stations.

i hate tv

Bev Testing MPEG4

maybe a little harsh with the schizophrenia comment, im sure it was in jest
    you may not agree with what sensual poet has to say, but he does know a lil bit about the providers

ARR

Bev Testing MPEG4

Reports of Bev resuming MPEG4 testing with 4 channels allocated to the transponder (12545 20000 V 5/6) , but only 2 showing 720i video.

Discovery and Rush being tested on CH. 885 MPHD1 and 886 MPHD2.
    Rush digital audio incorrectly configured, sounded same as playing AC-3 content on a PC without an AC-3 filter.

I went over to look and couldn't tell the difference between the MPEG4 and the original, but my eyes were tired.

my0gr81

Bev Testing MPEG4

I think Scott has already corrected himself wrt to the "sept" date and clarified that he heard fall and assumed that to be sept.

It all depends on "who" said this. From my understanding the COO has said that mpeg4 was on track for 2007, if the marketing dept. can't keep up with that timeframe, sh1t will be flying. I have worked with him with his previous employer and I can tell you, he wouldn't have made this commitment without the proper background from their technology group on their ability to deliver the solution. Sales and Marketing are in for a whoop 4ss.

DrAkO

Bev Testing MPEG4

So actuallay Bell has 2 HD channel / TP. With 8PSK you can go to 3 HD channel / TP and with MPEG 4 you can go to 5-6 HD channel / TP. Bell use how many TP today for HD channels ? 20 ? 25 ?

And there's room on 82W to add how many channels ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information