Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Starbudder

Bev Testing MPEG4

scrooloose Don't forget that Starchoice charged DSR500 customers for the 8PSK upgrade, so it's not unprecedented. Personally I think there will at least be discounts.

-Mike

Some Starchoice customers paid a limited fee, some did not. I had my DSR500 and my 401/201HDD upgraded to DSR505's for free.

Nimiq 1

Bev Testing MPEG4

bev fan, your reading ability is now in question......

Where on earth does it say in ARR's post that he works for Express Vu, for crying out loud man, you get shot down every time you try to dis FTA, now you resort to libel....

Do yourself a favor, read a post twice before replying.

Now go back to watching your free tv.

ARR

Bev Testing MPEG4

And apparently by several credible posters here it would seem, having just re-read the thread many times.

Those not in the know will hang on his every god like words in desperate hope of the truth, those that are near equals are better able to decipher fact from fiction and probability.

His posts make repeated references to U.S. actions:

"Here in the states we went through this already with Dish Network and are now going through it with DirecTV."

"Here is the states Dish Network is doing that on August 15th as they will be converting the VOOM HD channels from MPEG2 to MPEG4."

"Again look at what Dish Network and DirecTV are doing here in the states. This is the roadmap that ExpressVu will be following."

It seems you ARE correct regarding Americans subscribing to foreign signals, the violation occurs because Bev's service agreement is breached and in particular by a person of industry notoriety and having a business relationship with Bev. Doesn't really set a good example of high moral fibre.

Other than the technology partnership with Echostar, Canadian and American cultures, methods and business operations are distinct and it would be an error to suggest otherwise without facts.

And there may be some, but that would likely violate a NDA and again, sets a poor moral example from someone who demands to be taken seriously.

"I would have to say I know a little more about them then he does.

Trust me on that."

Nimiq 1

Bev Testing MPEG4

My understanding is that if Express Vu go to 8PSK, they only need to upgrade the 6000 model receivers, all the others, should be capable of accepting 8PSK.

peano

Bev Testing MPEG4

BEV will have to supply a whole bunch of VIP 211s and 622s in a hurry if they are shooting for this year. And then there is the issue of the upgrade price.

Quite truthfully, a big part of this whole MPEG4 switchover is so they can secure the premium channels with ROM 206 encryption.

Unfortunately for BEV and Dish Network, that card has already been compromised.

SensualPoet

Bev Testing MPEG4

Sorry, but what a childish ego maniac. Not a single poster said they "don't what you here".

And as for 1) "I am an ExpressVu subscriber" -- since you are living in Connecticut you are, by definition, an illegal user of Bell ExpressVu. Yes, you may be "paying" for the service -- or have it "comped gratis" as an industry pundit -- but it doesn't change the fact that a US Bell ExpressVu "subscriber" is against the law in Canada and the US and breaks the programming licenses in both countries that the content holders have made with respective vendors.

Illegal satellite TV use is frowned upon here. How much do you actually pay every month to Bell shareholders?

bev fan

Bev Testing MPEG4

If the information was correct , why I can't buy new MPEG4 HD PVR enywhere.Obviously somebody was posting BS , but it wasn't me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bev Testing MPEG4

Assuming the '720i' is the actual signal type being tested, and not just an error on the display/interpretation of the FTA HD units, could it be possible that Bell is using this signal for preliminary testing as they don't want to consume the additional bandwidth required by a 720p or 1080i signal? Once they iron out any preliminary bugs, I imagine they would proceed with further testing at 720p/1080i. I'm not even close to being as well versed in the technical side of things as several others are, but does this sound like a logical explanation?

IF they do try to deliver a '720i' signal to their customers and pass it off as HD, aren't they breaking the rules?

cm_soo

Bev Testing MPEG4

Ha, what irony, last night a flyer came in from Shaw.
    Trade in ANY model satellite receiver and dish and get a free refurb HD PVR with 3 year warranty.
    I'm gone!
    I don't see much point in sticking around and getting frozen out of future HD channels or spending yet more money on another EV receiver. I'll trade in my old 4700 and sell my 6100 and make a few bucks.

peano

Bev Testing MPEG4

For those that don't know who Scott is, he owns and runs the largest US DTH information website. I will not name it out of respect for Hugh.

His site was first to announce the migration of the ten Dish Network VOOM channels to MPEG4, long before Dish Network announced it. He usually has the inside scoop before anyone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information