Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Q

Bell TV: Price increase again?

Digital Fee was Jan. 08.

reidw

I'm in the same boat as you. My bill in Nov. said I was getting a $2 price increase in Jan. I took that to mean that I would see the change on my Dec. bill which covers most of Jan. in advance. To my surprise the Dec. bill was the same as before. I assume the message really meant that the increase would go into effect with the bill I receive in Jan. (which covers Feb.). Confusing? Definitely but so typical of Bell.

vsj54

I will be scaling back to basic (digital standard). It suites my family's viewing habits.

Every year it appears the existing subscribers get squeezed for more money. I'm tired of the game.

I've been with Bell since , I believe, Jan '99, and back then the starter price was $7.95 (and the "all you can eat" package was in the approx $40 range). It is now $33 plus a digital fee. That is over 15% year over year increase for the basic pkg. If you add the digital fees it is over 16% annually. I probably could live with a 5% year over year increase. At the 16% rate... the basic package will be $145/mth in another 10 years. The average joe will need a good cost of living pay increase in the upcoming years if they want satelite television in the future.

Some have benefited from the added channels to the standard package, theme pkg, movies, etc. and also quality improvements. I personally have not noticed anything worthwhile except when they introduced the PVR.

I probably will stay with Bell for a while longer while I evaluate where my family's entertainment dollar goes. The chances are that if I decide to drop Bell that I will never return.

Leaf Fan

Really? Are you sure, or does it just seem like it has gone up at least $15 ?
    When and what were the price increases for?
    I know our bill hasn't gone up that much.
    Did you add programming ?

spun14

New E-Bill just came in and the $2 increase i was to have is on it, as well as a bunch of prorated stuff for the 22 days in december its billing for and then the increase starting Jan 1. Also gone is my $5 bundle discount, i'm hoping thats just a billing error on their end because its a heck of a fight to get those bundle discounts back from them. I had a problem when i moved and it took 4 months to get the bundle discounts back.

As i look at it more, seems my base package went from $91 to $96 so it looks like i got hit with a $5 increase instead of the stated $2 one. Ohh well phone call tomorrow to find out whats up.

Rudee

When costs to watch TV are running over $1200/year no wonder so many ppl wee p1rating the signal.

i hate tv

I agree with you Humpty! I find it amusing that the price increase thread in the Bell forum, has over 100 posts, while the starchoice price increase thread is so small....

admin

Several off-topic posts have been deleted. This thread is about Bell Price increases. It is not about OTA, FTA or satellite piracy. Please restrict your discussion to price increases.

Q

I have the $83 package which includes 6 themes, TMN and HD and my bill apparently is going up $5.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone actually have any information that a price increase is occurring and how much? It would be nice to get info rather than a bunch of people complaining.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information