Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TJ77

ExpressVu overbilling for free Olympic PPV channels - check your bills

Didn't they used to offer 2 or 3 movies back to back, and call it "Vu Movie Pack"?
    Is it possible that some old purchases were on the smart card, and accordingly got phoned in when you plugged in the phone line?
    Either that or Bell really has gone to hell. (Possible new slogan?)

thewils

I've no idea what a Vu! Movie Pack is either. They have the affrontery to call it a "credit" when they are, in fact, debiting my account with it.

I have _never_ ever taken a PPV movie (except for the Olympic PPV channels at $0.00).

Just watch your bill for sneaky charges like I had.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bell and their billing nightmare, I am still paying for a 9200 rental I returned in march, I got lots of free credits due to their mistake, But the $ 20.00 rental is still there.

dosborne

This thread is for discussing if you have been charged incorrectly for the free $0.00 PPV for the olympic channels only.

If you have a complaint, there is a rant thread at the top of the forum. Further inappropriate posts will be deleted without notice and may result in infractions.

Thanks

trafficinfo

I received my bill yesterday and it shows accordingly more than 25 olimpic PPV events (yes i was hooked) ALL OF THEM 0.00. they did not charged me anything for those 2 Olimpic HD channels. BTW kudos to BEV and CBC for offering those 2 direct feeds from BOB without comercials and comentators. sometimes I wanted to watch the performance of an specific athlete from another country that did not got a medal specially in the track and field events.

reidw

Just for the record. I received my bill today. It shows $0.00 for all the special Olympic channels. Hopefully that's true for all of you. Case closed and thank you Bell for a super innovative programming decision. Hope you do it again in 2010.

can3gxw

Ditto with reidw - I too received my bill with a TON of Olympic PPVs listed... as well as a FreeView Barenaked Ladies concert - all charged at $0.00.

I think we can all agree that one person's misfortune does not mean that there is an inherent flaw in Bell's billing system. Hard to say - system errors happen.

QueBall

He likely had some PPV event left in the memory of the receiver like someone else said and it got transmitted when the phone line was plugged in. Perhaps the rant should be about allowing old PPV events to be billed or about how little details there were regarding the date and time of the PPV event that was being charged. Those could be years old and perhaps a family member, friend, babysitter, whatever ordered the original programming without his knowledge.

I watched those same feeds and did not get charged for them.

I think the whole reason they made them a PPV event is there was likely some kind of accounting they had to do of how many viewers viewed them that they may have required to send to the Olympic committee or some bureaucratic nonsense like that. Without commercials and network association I could see them requiring some kind of loophole to get around some kind of strange exclusivity agreement which making it a PPV channel may have solved.

vmpv

Or maybe to get people to try a PPV for the first time and perhaps start renting movies in the future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information