Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    tinmanpm

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

I have ExpressVu. I have 2 receivers, for 2 TV's they must be connected to phone jacks in my home to prove they are in one location. This also allows caller ID to show on the TV. All by Bell.
    Have been thinking of changing phone and high speed internet suppliers.
    Will that stop the above features from working.
    The alternate phone companies have no answer for me.
    Anyone have advice for me. Thanks from the old tinman for any input.

james99

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Don't see an issue. If you switch providers you will probably want to keep your existing phone number.

Your internet provider has no effect upon your satellite box.

mackdaddy0586

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Caller I.D. on your BEV receiver reads the callers information the same way any old phone with call display would.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

EV receivers usually don't work with VOIP telephone services. The call display doesn't work that well with Bell's own system either. Alternate land line providers (Bell resellers) work about as well as Bell land lines.

billw

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

I have VOIP as my primary phone and that is the line that my 9200 is connected to. Call display works just fine with it.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Must have been fixed. I also read that the 9200 won't dial out over VOIP. Does that work Ok? What VOIP service do you have?

billw

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Yup it calls out.

see thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75549

Why would it have a problem? It jus dialing like your normal phone.

Call display has a standard. The information is sent between the first and second rings. If your phone can display it I would assume that the receiver uses the same standard.

Ex Agent EV

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

If they are not the only thing that could possibly happen is that EV will call you and ask you for to go throught all the receiver and provide them some info. I usually takes less than a minute per receiver! You won't encounter no fine, or extra charge for not having then connected

Do you really use that feature? Personally it would bug me to see who calls on my 52" screen

Hard to tell... Even clients having Bell landline and having the option selected can not get the call display...imagine with another supplier! Agent are also poorly informed about how to troubleshoot that type of problems

I_Want_My_HDTV

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Assuming the phone system and 9200 follow the standard, it should work. However, different phone systems and devices may be incompatible, even within a standard. Some VOIP systems may not even comply with the standard.

The 9200 has always had problems with call display as well. It seems to work some of the time with some phone systems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Phone Jacks. ExpressVu.

Because it is called "Voice" over IP for a reason. The audio codecs are optimized for voice communication. VOIP often has trouble with non-voice communications, especially modems, the higher speed the worse.

How the VOIP terminal or satellite receiver adheres to the standard may vary though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information