Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    haystack

How to deal with BEV billing errors

That is funny.Expressvu has more deals than they have subs.. There is thousands of deals out there I would not be surprised If Brooker has one and that's why he was only charged 3 for his rental. Expressvu contracts are quite clear, is it ok if I use that one.

dosborne

If Bell (or any service company) undercharged you for services, then legally they cannot retroactively make a correction beyond a specific limit. I can't remember if it is 3 months or 6 months, but it is definitely less than 12. It is their problem they did not discover it sooner.

Check with the various agencies at your disposal such as the BBB, CRTC and whatever else you can to verify the actual terms.

As stated elsewhere in this thread, it is ridiculous from a customer satisfaction point of view that for this small an amount they are bothering you about it to begin with, but legally, I'm sure they can't go after you for the full amount.

Atually as an existing customer I only signed on for 1 year. I wasn't really impressed with the cost versus content and decided to cancel the HD.

Ex Agent EV

Brooker it could take 3-6 weeks...

I deactivated my rental 5900 since I bought a unit on August 30th. So far I didn't receive the boxes.

When I changed my 2 3100 to the 5900 it took a little over a month before I received the boxes. I the meantime they had charged me a penalty for no return of equipement. This penalty is automatically credited once they receive the unit

ltldevl

How about the better business Bureau? Can they prove you owe them the money? I would also begin the process of cancelling all your Bell products if you can. When you speak to the retention department, you can state why you are cancelling. See if they do something to keep you a customer.

dirtyjeffer

i wonder why it takes them 3-6 weeks to send an EMPTY box to get their product back, so you can cancel a fee on your bill, yet when you subscribe to a product where they are going to get more money, that box magically appears in a couple of days...hmmmm.

unacceptable.

what kind of racket are they running, still??...charging for something you haven't returned, because they are too friggen slow to assist you in returning it...really, i can't believe the incompetence in this company...every day it seems to amaze me.

coryl28

Well now you know what it's like for the rest of us to call BEV.

I_Want_My_HDTV

I don't get it. Canceling HD should not change the receiver rental charge unless the hardware was exchanged as well (and I doubt this happened.) IIRC, the 6100 is $10/mo no matter what programming is subscribed. In any event, the contract is clear, you agree to rent the original equipment for 2 years. If the fee reduction is the issue, EV could offer to reduce the charge but they are not under obligation to. (That's why I hate EV's 2 year contracts.) I am guessing that the original CSR made a mistake by offering the $3 receiver rental.

OTOH, if being charged $10/mo for an SD receiver is the issue, simply upgrade the 6100/4100 to a PVR. The cost is the same and you will get value for the money.

Brooker, It sounds like you were getting a deal and shot yourself in the foot by trying to downgrade.

my0gr81

Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont roi.

Translation: In the kingdom of the blinds, the one eyed are kings.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEV also 'mistakenly' 'gave away' the timeshifting on SD US networks for free to customers paying for the HD pack. ie, instead of charging these customers the $1 extra for the second feed of SD US networks, they did not charge them anything. At the time I signed up for HD, I was told that I would lose my second feed of US SD networks, but never did. A couple months back, these customers were informed that they would lose the second SD US network feed unless they wanted to pay the $1 extra per month (which I am assuming almost none did, since these feeds are duplicated on the HD channels). NONE of them were told they had to pay the $1 for each month that they received the channels for free, in error. This was the case for me for at least 30 months.

Armed with this info, I would call in and ask to talk to a manager about being treated unfairly as compared to other BEV customers that were undercharged via a BEV error.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information