Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Nimiq 1

Another BEV price increase?

Hang on, Mr Jeffer says 673, Agent says 123 & 863, just how many channels is RDS actually on.?

peano

I had the Rogers 8300 free rental for life deal, but I moved and Cogeco is my cable choice now. Having used both the SA 8300 and the BEV 9200, I have to admit the 9200 is a better receiver. Mainly because of the guide and the UHF remote. Problem is, BEV is compressing the crap out of the HD channels right now. Rogers PQ was always excellent. I would have stuck with them if they served my new neighbourhood. I am heavily invested in BEV HD receivers now, so cancelling because of the price increase would be tough to offset.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Dish charges $200 for the MPEG4 receiver upgrade. Time will tell what EV does. A substantially improved receiver may be worth $200 at this time. The 9242 is not that receiver. In a year or two, HD MPEG4 hardware should be somewhat cheaper and better.

KSPSlice

travisc is correct. GST is payable based on the billing or invoice date. The attached link provides some examples of invoicing. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gi/gi-038/gi-038-e.html

dirtyjeffer

bell is a premium provider and consistently adds new content, stays on top of firmware upgrades to ensure the hardware runs smoothly and constantly adds new channel packages to offer the best value and choice to its customers.

sorry, just guessing what their reasons will be for this increase (combined with the increase coming for LeafsTV).

Ex Agent EV

My guide doesn't even have a channel 673 listed...I guess e must have made a mistake

I suscribe to RDS and the SD feed is at 123 and the HD feed at 863. There shoudn't be a third channel for, only those 2

Just got off the phone with the clowns (no offence meant to other real life clowns who are not employed by BEV) who pick-up the ringing telephones at BEV;

Talk about a racket - we are under contract for another year (which means I will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee if we decide to cancel or reduce our level of service) yet we will still be subject to this price increase. Funny how the contract allows them to change their side of the equation any old time yet the customer gets ZERO protection.

P.S. Ted if you are listening, give us a call with one of those fancy switch over deals and we'll send the clowns a very colourful cancellation letter telling them what to do with their increase.

P.S.S. The above also applies to the other satellite provider - if you want to make us an offer, we are all ears.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I switched to BEV so many years ago the choice was obvious. The all digital channels were better than what I was getting with Rogers and the pricing was better to boot!

Fast forward 4+ years later and BEV is no bargain. If the HD channels can get better again and stuff like Showcase HD gets added then I will be happy to stay. Please fix the 9200 bugs though...

I am tempted to start investigating Rogers at this point to see what they would give a premium customer like me ($100 plus every month, movies, HD package etc).

I_Want_My_HDTV

I don't think satellite pricing is regulated. Some companies have been ordered to stop misleading customers into believing "access fees" are a government tax. Other than that, the sky's the limit.

scrooloose

The channel pricing is protected while you're under contract.

-Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information